Home

new e3 info

This is a discussion on new e3 info within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2004, 01:29 PM   #9
Rookie

kirkdawg's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: new e3 info

I worry about the implementation of the grades and discipline. EA is for all practical purposes making virtual representations of these kids. Sure, they can't use the actual names but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to be able to figure out that S #20 for USC is Darnell Bing or QB #6 for Clemson is Charlie Whitehurst. How is EA supposed to quanitfy these kids tendencies to skip class, take steroids, etc... What about grades? A 3.7 GPA at Vandy, Furman, or Rice means a whole lot more than a 3.7 at Ga. Southern or S. Carolina. It's fine to apply that kind of thing to fictional players recruits in alter seasons, but what about the actual kids currently on teams who may or may not get represented as thugs, steroid users, or Remedial Studies majors?
Old 05-12-2004, 01:40 PM   #10
Rookie

rollinphat's Arena

OVR: 5

it's just a game, it'll be ok
Old 05-12-2004, 01:50 PM   #11
Pro

Mountaineer6's Arena

OVR: 5

I saw that West Virginia Picture with Rodriguez getting
the gatorade Bath, and I was wondering if they are going
to have the WVU Stadium Upgrade in the game...

Hopefully the EA people did their homework....

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2004, 01:55 PM   #12
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:

kirkdawg said:
I worry about the implementation of the grades and discipline. EA is for all practical purposes making virtual representations of these kids. Sure, they can't use the actual names but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to be able to figure out that S #20 for USC is Darnell Bing or QB #6 for Clemson is Charlie Whitehurst. How is EA supposed to quanitfy these kids tendencies to skip class, take steroids, etc... What about grades? A 3.7 GPA at Vandy, Furman, or Rice means a whole lot more than a 3.7 at Ga. Southern or S. Carolina. It's fine to apply that kind of thing to fictional players recruits in alter seasons, but what about the actual kids currently on teams who may or may not get represented as thugs, steroid users, or Remedial Studies majors?

It's already being done for the pro games.

If anyone makes a judgement on a player because of a video game, then that person should be locked in a cell. Seriously.
Old 05-12-2004, 01:59 PM   #13
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

COME ON JULY!!!!

I liked that gatorade bath screen. Can't wait for the Boise State coach to get it. (sorry I don't know his name) They're going to be the first team I use in Dynasty.
Old 05-12-2004, 02:02 PM   #14
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28

Steriods,there's no way this will be in the game.Whoever wrote this article to begin with must of heard something wrong,because the NCAA and the Government would have there azz.
Old 05-12-2004, 02:44 PM   #15
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

Flawless said:
Steriods,there's no way this will be in the game.Whoever wrote this article to begin with must of heard something wrong,because the NCAA and the Government would have there azz.

Thats what i was thinking.....The NCAA will allow "Steriods" but not allow EA to show the fans taking down the goal-post after a big game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2004, 02:46 PM   #16
MVP

rocker78's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

Klue516 said:
Quote:

Flawless said:

Thats what i was thinking.....The NCAA will allow "Steriods" but not allow EA to show the fans taking down the goal-post after a big game?

maybe it would just say "caught with drugs"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »