Home

Anyone else think NCAA 14 is still better than Madden 15?

This is a discussion on Anyone else think NCAA 14 is still better than Madden 15? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Anyone else think NCAA 14 is still better than Madden 15?
Yes. 30 78.95%
No. 8 21.05%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-28-2015, 12:35 PM   #17
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Anyone else think NCAA 14 is still better than Madden 15?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
Objectively, Madden plays better on the field now than NCAA does. Subjectively, I greatly prefer recruiting and the general atmosphere of college football to drafting/free agents and the general atmosphere of the NFL, so I still play NCAA much more than Madden.
I can agree, the recruiting process is much more of a process and a task than Madden's Free agency and Draft. Madden however, looks better, plays much more realistic, looks better, has a better feel, and is overall a better game. The only thing that NCAA can hold up to Madden is recruiting, and MAYBE the stadium sound. But if you look at Madden 15 Stadiums, get rid of the college nostalgia, and Madden stadiums look way better. However, the NCAA Stadiums can hold effect in a game, where in Madden it means nothing.

The defense's reactions on Madden are ridiculous and infinitely better than NCAA, they SEE the field, they feel their coverage, where in NCAA they just get stuck in their zone without feeling the play. It makes running your offense a bit more difficult, they also have a lot of disguises, and will recognize the routes that you are familiar with. The defense is much, much harder to score on than in NCAA.

Last edited by BreakingBad2013; 01-28-2015 at 12:37 PM.
Old 01-28-2015, 12:40 PM   #18
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Tough call, objectively. But I'm still on 360 for Madden so I can't comment on the One other than having played it sparingly at a friend's place.

NCAA is more fun for all the usual reasons - greater player turnover, recruiting, shorter seasons/quicker dynasties, better atmosphere, etc. It's easy to keep NCAA fresh for a very long time. Madden, not so much. You find your young QB and young WR earlier in your franchise and ride them for a decade. Pick up cheap running backs that can catch the ball and then put all your money into your line and defense.

Madden is more challenging though, they really improved the passing game IMO, made the timing of routes more important and the sliders allow for plenty of off-target throws from both the human and CPU.

On 360 though, the animations and graphics are rough compared to NCAA IMO. There's a lot of very weird, very sloppy stuff that has me going back to NCAA.
The argument here is simply the argument one would use to justify liking CFB and the NFL in real life. Roster Turnover, shorter seasons, losses mean more, Franchise Players being stuck for their entire career, etc. I accept that, but it cannot, in my opinion, tell me if NCAA is better than Madden in that regard. That is 100% opinion, based on your personal preference to the sport.

Now when it comes to play ability, all of that helps NCAA, but when it comes to graphics, gameplay, interface, community, controls, CPU AI, OL/DL interaction, WR/DB interaction, CPU playcalling, and the FEEL of the game, Madden trumps.
Old 01-28-2015, 02:06 PM   #19
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingBad2013
The argument here is simply the argument one would use to justify liking CFB and the NFL in real life. Roster Turnover, shorter seasons, losses mean more, Franchise Players being stuck for their entire career, etc. I accept that, but it cannot, in my opinion, tell me if NCAA is better than Madden in that regard. That is 100% opinion, based on your personal preference to the sport.
Not at all, I'm a much bigger NFL fan than college football fan. In real life I'm glad we have a longer season than college, I think the whole "college losses mean more" is BS and I'm certainly not going to be bored/upset/mad if my NFL team IRL lands a great young QB that'll lead them for the next decade. That's ridiculous to think. The video game scenario is completely different.

A huge facet to any sports game is replay value and longevity. If and how a sports game delivers that is largely subjective people's sweetspot for those two categories varies greatly.

And as I said, I'm on 360 for Madden still so if you're on One/PS4 then we're having a different conversation. There are a lot of gameplay elements that NCAA still trumps Madden 15 (360). Blocking, pursuit angles, morphing/sliding/physics, etc.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 01-28-2015, 05:37 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 2

Madden 15 on the next-gen consoles is far from perfect. Madden has plenty of things wrong with it and yes there are features in NCAA 14 that do not exist in Madden. Plus to get the most out of Madden you need to be using modified rosters, a good slider set and have control of the selection of which playbooks both teams use (and of course NCAA also needs the same).

But IMHO Madden 15 on the next-gen consoles is still the best football game that has been made to date. I have my legacy gaming console (a PS3) connected to a 32 inch monitor on one desk in my gaming room and on the other side of my chair sits my next-gen console connected to a 40 inch monitor on another desk. If I get a CPU vs CPU game going in Madden 15 and a CPU vs CPU game going in NCAA 14, it is clear which game is better. It's not just the graphics, the fact that the next-gen consoles have so much more memory available to them, the game play on Madden is superior.

Now ... if a NCAA XX for the next-gen consoles was to ever surface (I know when pigs fly), it likely would be the better game. As good as Madden is, it still has some ugly warts.

PS we've come a long way in the football gaming world from when some of us played with these:
http://www.theunforgettablebuzz.com/...-Version-3.jpg

Old 01-28-2015, 05:41 PM   #21
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Not at all, I'm a much bigger NFL fan than college football fan. In real life I'm glad we have a longer season than college, I think the whole "college losses mean more" is BS and I'm certainly not going to be bored/upset/mad if my NFL team IRL lands a great young QB that'll lead them for the next decade. That's ridiculous to think. The video game scenario is completely different.

A huge facet to any sports game is replay value and longevity. If and how a sports game delivers that is largely subjective people's sweetspot for those two categories varies greatly.

And as I said, I'm on 360 for Madden still so if you're on One/PS4 then we're having a different conversation. There are a lot of gameplay elements that NCAA still trumps Madden 15 (360). Blocking, pursuit angles, morphing/sliding/physics, etc.
I'm not saying YOU prefer one over the other, this is just the argument for College football vs NFL. There's nothing Madden or NCAA can do to change those things, they're a part of the actual real life system, its unchangeable for each league. On Madden XB1 they've changed all of the blocking schemes, the physics system has changed tremendously. I love both games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2015, 05:43 PM   #22
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
Madden 15 on the next-gen consoles is far from perfect. Madden has plenty of things wrong with it and yes there are features in NCAA 14 that do not exist in Madden. Plus to get the most out of Madden you need to be using modified rosters, a good slider set and have control of the selection of which playbooks both teams use (and of course NCAA also needs the same).

But IMHO Madden 15 on the next-gen consoles is still the best football game that has been made to date. I have my legacy gaming console (a PS3) connected to a 32 inch monitor on one desk in my gaming room and on the other side of my chair sits my next-gen console connected to a 40 inch monitor on another desk. If I get a CPU vs CPU game going in Madden 15 and a CPU vs CPU game going in NCAA 14, it is clear which game is better. It's not just the graphics, the fact that the next-gen consoles have so much more memory available to them, the game play on Madden is superior.

Now ... if a NCAA XX for the next-gen consoles was to ever surface (I know when pigs fly), it likely would be the better game. As good as Madden is, it still has some ugly warts.

PS we've come a long way in the football gaming world from when some of us played with these:
http://www.theunforgettablebuzz.com/...-Version-3.jpg
I can agree with some of this. I think the NCAA has always been a step behind of Madden when it comes to gameplay and in-game innovations. I cannot agree that M15 on Next Gen is the best football game made to date, NFL2k5 has to have that in the bag, I STILL play that darn game, with a smile on my face lol. It's the best since the 360/ps3 came out though, I'll hand you that.
Old 01-28-2015, 05:56 PM   #23
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

No, not really but even if it were that would not be saying much to me. Madden needs lots of work and well NCAA is not produced anymore. Maybe give it a tie, maybe.
Old 01-28-2015, 06:53 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 11

NCAA hands down IMHO,

For one main reason basically, you have more control of your franchise, especially in terms of editing. Makes a huge difference for me.

Also better presentation, in-game breaks for scores, upsets and stats AROUND YOUR LEAGUE makes it a game that I can play for a number of years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »