Home

Schools in your dyanasties that always become powerhouses

This is a discussion on Schools in your dyanasties that always become powerhouses within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2015, 09:13 PM   #17
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Schools in your dyanasties that always become powerhouses

It's been known for over a year that the option playbooks are overpowered in the sim engine. From my experience it's also the 25/75 run/pass ratio that those teams have that exacerbates things. In my dynasties I swap out the Army, Navy, and GT playbooks (Air Force seems to be fine) and I change their ratioes to 30/70. I do this for their assistants too for when they get hired as HCs elsewhere.

Navy and GT are still decent, but not overpowering. In my 1st major dynasty GT won the NC in 2014 (before I knew to change their PB). Since I've made the change I've played 35 seasons and neither GT, Army, nor Navy have ever won a NC. In my current dynasty I've done 13 seasons w/ an 8 team playoff (Big 5 conference champs get 1 bid, best mid major gets 1 bid and 2 at larges based on best BCS rank) and only once has Navy made the playoffs and GT has made it 3 times (Army has never come close).

I'm surprised to see a couple of people say that Northwestern became a powerhouse. In my 1st main dynasty (which went through 2037) I spent 16 seasons @ Michigan. In those 16 seasons Northwestern only had 4 non-losing seasons and their best record was 8-5. In my current dynasty I've never been in the B1G and just last season Northwestern had been so bad for so long that I actually kicked them out of the B1G for Notre Dame. I didn't decide to do this lightly either as I went through 2037 in my 1st dynasty and never kicked ANYONE out of the B1G. However, in my new dynasty NW has simply been horrible and I couldn't justify them staying. In their 1st season as the only independent they went 2-10 with 6 or 7 of their games coming against mid majors.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 01-28-2015, 11:13 PM   #18
Banned

martywebb's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
It's been known for over a year that the option playbooks are overpowered in the sim engine. From my experience it's also the 25/75 run/pass ratio that those teams have that exacerbates things. In my dynasties I swap out the Army, Navy, and GT playbooks (Air Force seems to be fine) and I change their ratioes to 30/70. I do this for their assistants too for when they get hired as HCs elsewhere.

Navy and GT are still decent, but not overpowering. In my 1st major dynasty GT won the NC in 2014 (before I knew to change their PB). Since I've made the change I've played 35 seasons and neither GT, Army, nor Navy have ever won a NC. In my current dynasty I've done 13 seasons w/ an 8 team playoff (Big 5 conference champs get 1 bid, best mid major gets 1 bid and 2 at larges based on best BCS rank) and only once has Navy made the playoffs and GT has made it 3 times (Army has never come close).

I'm surprised to see a couple of people say that Northwestern became a powerhouse. In my 1st main dynasty (which went through 2037) I spent 16 seasons @ Michigan. In those 16 seasons Northwestern only had 4 non-losing seasons and their best record was 8-5. In my current dynasty I've never been in the B1G and just last season Northwestern had been so bad for so long that I actually kicked them out of the B1G for Notre Dame. I didn't decide to do this lightly either as I went through 2037 in my 1st dynasty and never kicked ANYONE out of the B1G. However, in my new dynasty NW has simply been horrible and I couldn't justify them staying. In their 1st season as the only independent they went 2-10 with 6 or 7 of their games coming against mid majors.

Changing their ratios, is it something that's edited for the coach? That's what it reads like.

How can I do this with the editor, specifically, if you can do it with PocketScout's config? Thanks for taking the time.
Old 01-28-2015, 11:19 PM   #19
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by martywebb
Changing their ratios, is it something that's edited for the coach? That's what it reads like.

How can I do this with the editor, specifically, if you can do it with PocketScout's config? Thanks for taking the time.
I just do it in game. I've never edited coaches using the editor. In dynasty you just do this:
Coach central ->
Coach Info ->
Edit desired coach ->
"Offensive Style" tab ->
Change "Run Offense/Pass Offense" slider.
Move to the left = more running
Move to the right = more passing
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 01-28-2015, 11:32 PM   #20
Banned

martywebb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I just do it in game. I've never edited coaches using the editor. In dynasty you just do this:
Coach central ->
Coach Info ->
Edit desired coach ->
"Offensive Style" tab ->
Change "Run Offense/Pass Offense" slider.
Move to the left = more running
Move to the right = more passing
Thanks jello. The amount of help you offer to me and anyone else is truly a blessing. I appreciate it. I also with we could do an online version of our playoff dynasties with one another, haha.
Old 01-29-2015, 03:05 PM   #21
Pro

KushNstien's Arena

OVR: 8

In my dynasty i made it to 2026, I actually had no team become a real powerhouse (besides the main teams that always been 5-6*).

Here are some prestige for some known teams:

Stanford 2*
Vanderbilt 3* They won their first CC in 2025, and won two New Year 6 bowl games.
Virgina Tech 2*

Other than that no one really dropped or became a powerhouse..

I restarted so lets see what happens this time around
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2015, 05:52 PM   #22
Rookie

TNBassMan10's Arena

Georgia Tech & Navy are the traditional powerhouses and Army isn't far behind. However, Air Force is normally around .500. I dont get it. lol
Old 02-03-2015, 04:11 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNBassMan10
Georgia Tech & Navy are the traditional powerhouses and Army isn't far behind. However, Air Force is normally around .500. I dont get it. lol

Its because their playbook has much for passing and pro sets. Doesn't sim as well
Old 02-03-2015, 05:44 PM   #24
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

in my current dynasty, in year 2025.

top 10 teams W/L:
Alabama 135-30 - 1 National title
Ohio State 133-30 - 1 national title
TCU 122-33 - 2 national titles
Texas 116-40 - 1 national title
Georgia Tech 119-42 -
Army 114-41 - 1 national title
UMass 119-45 - 1 national title (I controlled them from 2013-2021)
Oregon 111-48 -
Notre Dame - 108-47 - 1 national title
Clemson 113-50 - 1 national title

others that won National title
Miami - 2
Virginia Tech - 1

in the last 3 years:
TCU 37-2 (2 13-0 seasons and won NC)
Alabama - 36-5
Miami (OH) 36-6
Texas Tech 32-7 (my current controlled team)
Boise State 32-9
Army 30-9
Ohio state 30-9
Southern Miss 30-10
UMass 30-10 (still doing good without me)
USF 30-10

On the flip side. the 5 worst teams
Idaho 38-107
Memphis 42-104
UTSA 45-102
Purdue 45-100
Kansas 47-98

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »