Home

Question re: huge points gains in recruiting

This is a discussion on Question re: huge points gains in recruiting within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2015, 09:11 PM   #1
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1
Question re: huge points gains in recruiting

So I'm going after this 3*, 73 ovr athlete, it's week 9 and I'm only contending with FIU, holding on to a narrow lead. Then, out of nowhere, FSU rockets up with a +4090 jump up to 3rd place, in just one week.

How is this happening? I must be missing something.

18 time National Champions
53 Conference Championships
NCAA 14: 614-182
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2015, 09:46 PM   #2
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Question re: huge points gains in recruiting

This is just my thinking, maybe they just offered him. Looking at the school choices a kid getting offers from lower level FBS schools to gave an offer from a power 5 would change things.

Is the recruit from Florida? Maybe that is his dream school.

I have jumped a ton of points on a recruit not getting any interest but never 4k.

Maybe it was after the CPU used the locksmith skill.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:12 PM   #3
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
Maybe it was after the CPU used the locksmith skill.
Lockpicks can only be used if you're within 2,000 points of the last team to make the cut. Then it'll move the team to exactly halfway between 1st and 2nd place.

FSU gained 4,190 points on FIU (4,090 + 100) which would've put them way more than 2,000 points behind so they were ineligible for a lock pick.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 03-06-2015, 12:24 PM   #4
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

I never use the locksmith skill so I did not know you had to be within 2k points.

The only thing I can think of is that FSU got involved.
Old 03-06-2015, 07:35 PM   #5
MVP

RedRaider10's Arena

OVR: 0

I was actually recurring a kid one time and I was second and then I beat his #1 team and they dropped 4,000 points. May just be a weird bug.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2015, 07:44 PM   #6
MVP

whughes's Arena

OVR: 0

I was recruiting a 4* athlete and I was #2 behind notre dame by like 400 points. Then I advanced the week and notre dame was off his list, I was #1 and the next school was down like 3000 points from me. Thought that was weird

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas

Old 03-06-2015, 08:42 PM   #7
MVP

jello1717's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaider10
I was actually recurring a kid one time and I was second and then I beat his #1 team and they dropped 4,000 points. May just be a weird bug.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whughes
I was recruiting a 4* athlete and I was #2 behind notre dame by like 400 points. Then I advanced the week and notre dame was off his list, I was #1 and the next school was down like 3000 points from me. Thought that was weird
This is what happens when a team drops a kid from their board. The most interest you can have w/o a scholly is 73-74%. Dropping him from your board removes the offer so you drop from 100% to 73% which means that team loses thousands of points.

Almost every time I've seen this, the top team that didn't make the cut will be moved above the cut line, even though they're usually trailing by thousands of points still. The next week they'll drop back down below the line.

I thought the OP may have been seeing this where maybe a school dropped the kid, and FSU was moved temporarily above the line. Then, maybe FSU was allowed to use a lock pick (which doesn't make sense because A. they're more than 2,000 points behind and B. they're not technically locked out anymore) but that'd be a weird bug if that's it. Besides, I don't see any team below the line w/ minus thousands of points. It's possible that this is the following week though and the dropping team won't show up as -1000s since it was the week before.
Old 03-06-2015, 09:05 PM   #8
MVP

jello1717's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneCalf
So I'm going after this 3*, 73 ovr athlete, it's week 9 and I'm only contending with FIU, holding on to a narrow lead. Then, out of nowhere, FSU rockets up with a +4090 jump up to 3rd place, in just one week.

How is this happening? I must be missing something.

Here's an example of what MIGHT have happened since my last post wasn't terribly understandable.

*Disclaimer, I've never seen anyone gain points like you show*
This is an example where UCF used to be #1, but dropped the kid from their board.

Week 8:
UCF
UAB -100 (-)
FIU -155 (-100)
-------1444 cutoff-----
FSU -3000 (-985)
FAU

Week 9 (UCF dropped him from their board in week 8):
UAB
FIU -255 (-100)
FSU -3985 (-985)
-------1444 cutoff-----
FAU, MSU, USF, USM
UCF -6750 (-6850)

I HAVE seen a situation like this multiple times. UCF losing -6850 is legit as I explained above. They dropped him from the board (you can tell because they had an offer in place in week 8 and don't in week 9 and the only way to remove an offer is to drop the kid from your board) so they went from 100% to 73% and lost thousands of points in 1 week.
The bug is that FSU will be above the line even though the cutoff is -1444 and FSU is stitting @ -3985. What I've always seen is that next week FSU will move back below the line where they belong.

However, maybe while they're above the line another bug comes to play and they can use a lock pick or something during the 1 week they're above the line.

Week 10 (what you're showing in your picture):
UAB
FIU -355 (-100)
FSU -820 (+4090)

IF FSU was allowed to use a lock pick, then it would put them halfway between UAB and FIU. Then the week's points would be added. If FSU gained less points than FIU, then they could've dropped from 2nd to 3rd.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »