Home

Picked up NCAA 06 (PS2)

This is a discussion on Picked up NCAA 06 (PS2) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2018, 12:08 PM   #81
Pro

volwalker's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Picked up NCAA 06 (PS2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creasy1010
I'm having a terrible time getting the hang of 06, I started a dynasty with Temple. Do you guys use the D-pad to move your players or the joystick? I can't find any open routes anywhere when passing the ball, playing on Heisman with Playmakers sliders.
Did you get your memory card back? I sent you a few emails but you never responded to them. Just making sure your card got back to its rightful owner.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2018, 09:10 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by volwalker
Did you get your memory card back? I sent you a few emails but you never responded to them. Just making sure your card got back to its rightful owner.
Yea, i did! I never got any emaila from you, something must not have been right. Thanks a bunch!
Old 09-14-2018, 09:45 AM   #83
Pro

esayem's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofx94
You can do limited conference manipulation on 07, but I imagine it isn't as foolproof.

I sometimes wish 06 had been my first instead of 07. I just really prefer 07 because of the more detailed defensive playbooks and deeper offenses I think, in addition to it being the one I have the longest history with.

Enviado desde mi Moto G (5) Plus mediante Tapatalk
Actually I was wrong, scheduling in 07 is the same as 06 and prior where you can see the full NCAA schedule before the season starts. So with some creative team swapping on the user’s schedule, you can can create marquee match-ups for computer teams instead of random auto-scheduled games like Alabama at Temple, you can change it to Alabama at Penn State.

08 is when the preseason options changed. I think it’s when preseason drills first appeared.
Old 09-14-2018, 09:54 AM   #84
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by esayem
Actually I was wrong, scheduling in 07 is the same as 06 and prior where you can see the full NCAA schedule before the season starts. So with some creative team swapping on the user’s schedule, you can can create marquee match-ups for computer teams instead of random auto-scheduled games like Alabama at Temple, you can change it to Alabama at Penn State.

08 is when the preseason options changed. I think it’s when preseason drills first appeared.
Y'know what bothers me? For some reason, 07 is like the only game where USC-Notre Dame isn't a protected intersectional rivalry. It shows up automatically in simulated seasons on 06 and 11... So when I start dynasties not as my favorite school, they can basically get detached from our premier rivalry after a year until I eventually take over.
Old 09-14-2018, 03:35 PM   #85
Pro

esayem's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofx94
Y'know what bothers me? For some reason, 07 is like the only game where USC-Notre Dame isn't a protected intersectional rivalry. It shows up automatically in simulated seasons on 06 and 11... So when I start dynasties not as my favorite school, they can basically get detached from our premier rivalry after a year until I eventually take over.
I think I remember that. Fortunately, it shouldn't be too hard to make that match-up happen every year. ND has a flexible independent schedule so you just need to find out when USC and your team have an out of conference game together. Then swap some things around and it'll work. You can also delete one of your games and switch it to when USC plays. It might be tough to try and make it around the accurate time (season finale in LA or mid-season in South Bend), but at least you can do it.

Sorry, if that was complicated sounding, it really isn't that hard.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2018, 06:38 PM   #86
MVP

I mean, when I play as USC it's easy enough to figure out, and I'm currently their in my 07 dynasty, but I'll definitely make more of an effort if and when I start another 07 dynasty at another school.
Old 09-17-2018, 02:46 PM   #87
We Go Again

VTPack919's Arena

OVR: 22

To anyone wondering, you definitely need a computer with Windows XP if you plan to use the Action Replay for Xbox. Just a heads up.

Right now I am running the older PS2 games on a PS2 emulator and the results are downright amazing. Still frustrated with the passing in NCAA 06.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »