Home

NCAA 14 for Xbox One?

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 for Xbox One? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2015, 01:31 PM   #65
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA 14 for Xbox One?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
Would making a game BC be considered a re-release? EA could make a case it's not making additional money it's just giving people who own the game even more options on how to play it. I mean it's still sold on Xbox marketplace

Or am I naive on how this stuff works?
I mean it may not be a re-release but they still will not do it. Because if it's the exact game as 14 the player likeness issue still arises.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2015, 02:02 PM   #66
Banned

Aggies67's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntt26
Voted - everyone with an Xbox one should do the same!
I don't have an Xbox One and never will have one, but I voted for it so that you all can have some fun.
Old 06-20-2015, 02:02 PM   #67
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
I mean it may not be a re-release but they still will not do it. Because if it's the exact game as 14 the player likeness issue still arises.

Quote:
Right you guys get every person in the world to vote on this game it probably still won't happen. It's because EA just lost a lawsuit against Ed O'Bannon and lost themselves a considerable amount of money from it. The number is over $40 million, the settlement was for $40 and then lawyers fees. So they are not going to take a chance and re-release this game and get sued again and lose even more money. Also after the 2014 game, released they lost the NCAA license. So once again they re-release this game they get sued by the NCAA and lose even more money.

While I don't know if it'll be made BC or not (and wouldn't use it since I don't have an XB1) these arguments don't make sense. By that logic EA couldn't continue to sell NCAA '14 (or probably even previous iterations of the franchise) any more, but they're still for sale on XBL/PS store.

If EA is still allowed to sell NCAA'14 on XBL, then they'd also be able to allow the game to be played on XB1.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 06-20-2015, 02:05 PM   #68
Banned

Aggies67's Arena

Quote:
I see one huge issue you guys are overlooking. EA has to allow for the game to be allowed as BC. And with the lawsuit they got killed in, even if this game is #1, I don't see them allowing for it to be BC. Also as Aholbert said, EA lost the NCAA license. It was in 2013. http://www.theverge.com/2013/7/17/45...lectronic-arts
Here is an article about it. So they lost the license but can keep making college football games but can't use any of the real college name or likeness.
NFL 2K5 was made BC for the Xbox 360 long after 2K lost the NFL license.
Old 06-20-2015, 02:14 PM   #69
MVP

RedRaider10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaider10
I really don't know much about BC but would it really be considered making a new game? It would still just be NCAA Football 14 with everything the same as when it was released right? The only difference being that it was on the One.
Here's my input from a couple pages back
Old 06-20-2015, 02:22 PM   #70
Rookie

I just don't see it happening. Only in our dreams. If this were the case I would switch to xbox one from ps4 rt away. Has anyone heard of any college football game rumors at all? anything?
Old 06-20-2015, 02:26 PM   #71
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jRick21
I just don't see it happening. Only in our dreams. If this were the case I would switch to xbox one from ps4 rt away. Has anyone heard of any college football game rumors at all? anything?
Nope there hasn't been anything and it's most likely because of the lawsuit over player likeness. But EA can still make an unlicensed football game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2015, 11:45 AM   #72
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Exactly. It's the same game so they just need to go ahead and make it BC. Getting charged twice for the same crime is Double Jeopardy!!

Just kidding... I really don't know anything about stuff like that. I'd love to see NCAA 14 become backwards compatible. I'd love a Remastered Edition even more. However, something tells me that EA isn't going to stick their necks out for us... especially, if it's not putting money in their pockets. I'm not that optimistic about it at this point, but hopefully I'm wrong.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »