Home

When NCAA Football returns, don't just be happy to have it

This is a discussion on When NCAA Football returns, don't just be happy to have it within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2015, 03:53 PM   #33
Rookie

SpeedyMikeWallace's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: When NCAA Football returns, don't just be happy to have it

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
A mod community could NOT turn NCAA '13 into NCAA'14.

I think it's time for me to bow out of this conversation as you have no grip on reality.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
This is hilarious. First, you want to take me extremely literally when I was obviously exaggerating. Then, you want to use the ONLY example in the past 4 or 5 games of them actually putting out a decently rebuilt game as proof that I'm wrong. I never said they could turn NCAA '13 into NCAA '14. I was clearly speaking about the vast majority of the time when they barely change anything. A mod community could do what they do in most games. You know it. I know it. Stop defending these people just because they make a game you like. Expect better. I personally wouldn't care if you like getting ripped off except it effects the quality of the game, and I'd like to spend $60 on a game that's actually worth that amount.

Last edited by SpeedyMikeWallace; 08-05-2015 at 03:57 PM.
Old 08-05-2015, 08:47 PM   #34
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyMikeWallace
This is hilarious. First, you want to take me extremely literally when I was obviously exaggerating. Then, you want to use the ONLY example in the past 4 or 5 games of them actually putting out a decently rebuilt game as proof that I'm wrong. I never said they could turn NCAA '13 into NCAA '14. I was clearly speaking about the vast majority of the time when they barely change anything. A mod community could do what they do in most games. You know it. I know it. Stop defending these people just because they make a game you like. Expect better. I personally wouldn't care if you like getting ripped off except it effects the quality of the game, and I'd like to spend $60 on a game that's actually worth that amount.
I typed out three sentences before I realized how bad this argument is. Your telling a bunch of people who are clamoring for a NCAA football game to not buy it until it meets YOUR standards, that's like telling a room full of heroin users to not shoot up until they can get the "good" stuff. You literally have no room to tell someone whether or not they should buy a game, this forum is knowledgeable on what a good sports game is and what isn't. If a new NCAA football game doesn't meet your standards then don't buy it but don't tell me or anyone else not to, I for one will use my own brain and figure it out for myself.
Old 08-05-2015, 08:51 PM   #35
Rookie

The problem is, as it clearly on display, most sports games fans are OK with "maor graphic pls". That's not smart, the opposite in fact. I have every right to try to convince people not to spend money on a sup-par product when the only way to make the product better is for them to hold out. Others' purchasing irresponsibility makes this problem of minimal improvements, for this game, Madden, FIFA, Call of Duty, you name it, not my and others' desire to see a game worth $60 on an annual basis.

Last edited by SpeedyMikeWallace; 08-05-2015 at 08:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2015, 10:02 PM   #36
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0

After being stuck with Madden without NCAA, it really made me appreciate the features that NCAA put in the game as compared to what Madden has done.

I understand that if NCAA comes back there should be more features added, but on the same note, I would just be overwhelmingly happy just to have NCAA back, that I would buy it.
Old 08-05-2015, 10:22 PM   #37
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyMikeWallace
The problem is, as it clearly on display, most sports games fans are OK with "maor graphic pls". That's not smart, the opposite in fact. I have every right to try to convince people not to spend money on a sup-par product when the only way to make the product better is for them to hold out. Others' purchasing irresponsibility makes this problem of minimal improvements, for this game, Madden, FIFA, Call of Duty, you name it, not my and others' desire to see a game worth $60 on an annual basis.
I love this this phrase "purchasing irresponsibility". You are essentially saying that your opinion is not a opinion at all, but it's actually a fact. I'm going to counter your argument and factually state that the improvement made in previous NCAA and Madden games are worth the investment in money and time. I say that not as opinion but as
a fact.

You see how silly that sounds? You only get a certain amount of time on this planet, if you want to spend it by campaigning against a theoretical video game that may not ever come out then good luck.
Old 08-06-2015, 03:45 AM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
I love this this phrase "purchasing irresponsibility". You are essentially saying that your opinion is not a opinion at all, but it's actually a fact. I'm going to counter your argument and factually state that the improvement made in previous NCAA and Madden games are worth the investment in money and time. I say that not as opinion but as
a fact.

You see how silly that sounds? You only get a certain amount of time on this planet, if you want to spend it by campaigning against a theoretical video game that may not ever come out then good luck.
I spend my time how I choose to. This particular bit is about more than just video games, it concerns a social problem: dronish consumerism. You don't care how good the new thing is as long as you get it. You and others in this thread are a case study for this growing, problematic mindset. Why is it a problem? No one gets held accountable and progress is stifled. Consumers just taking the scraps the producers sell them as something great, and they take those scraps with gratitude and without question. It is horrifying if you're on the outside, if you are one who demands more from things than mediocrity. It's interesting stuff. Scary, but interesting.

This is why your argument fails. You are reducing my thoughts to a qualifier below what they are. I am not simply stating opinions, I'm making fact-based statements about the progress, or lack there of, regarding this game. I compare the $60 paid annually for NCAA, FIFA, Madden, or whatever, to other titles released by other companies, and I make judgements. You, on the other hand, like I said, attempt to reduce it to something it is not in order to discredit it. You are no longer defending against my points, you're defending your own behavior, behavior that is without a doubt harmful to the game and industry as a whole.

I don't settle for mediocrity. You can, sure, but what good does that do? I'd rather demand a better product for my money. I'd rather force them to act than sit back and hope they feel it in their heart to make a good game this year. I may be harsh, but demanding better and pushing people to do better, works. And it's a hell of a lot more productive than "dude, just be happy they made the game".

Last edited by SpeedyMikeWallace; 08-06-2015 at 03:57 AM.
Old 08-06-2015, 08:52 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 0

Do you have any idea what goes in to developing a yearly sports video game? Unless you do you are pretty much talking out of your @ss. Take it up with EA if you really believe they are doing a long con to their loyal consumers by purposefully holding out on major improvements to their games. I'm sure they'll shape up.
Old 08-06-2015, 12:08 PM   #40
Rookie

I did study it a bit, yes. Didn't like it much. Very tedious. But it doesn't take an expert to see EA's formula. Many, many gamers use EA, especially EA Sports, as the butt of jokes. A lot gamers easily spot their rehashes and putting out full-price pieces of crap. We even have the "purchase of doom" wherein EA buys a good studio and almost immediately turns them into crap.

If EA Sports really cared about putting out quality and not just milking us football fans for money, they wouldn't even release the game yearly. The annual thing is a complete sham. Unless you have a huge team (read unrealistic size) working on a game like this, one year is not enough time to make a quality product. Two years is not even enough. EA could keep the same base game for 3 years and release DLC updates and patches for what they normally change: uniforms, conference realignments, playbooks, and rosters. If the programmed it in such a way as to make it more easily updatable, they could do more than that, too.

Last edited by SpeedyMikeWallace; 08-06-2015 at 12:26 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »