Home

Dynasty with Freinds or brothers

This is a discussion on Dynasty with Freinds or brothers within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2004, 07:27 PM   #25
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Dynasty with Freinds or brothers

Quote:

MissState85 said:
A friend of mine and myself start a dynasty every year. We often stay up all night and see the sunrise playing the dynasty. We play with two teams that from the same conference and compete for the national title, or 2 teams in the same area and put each other on our schedule so we can recruit against each other. We sim all games but ours, play it, and then recruit. We have had dynasties with Miss State - FL, FSU- Miami, Central Fl - South Fl, Bama-Aub, Wash-Wash St, and many others. We usually get to about year 15 before we either change schools or start a new one. Right now, we are in the midst of a OSU Mich dynasty----which my team the Blue is dominating.

Go State

Man, I can't imagine simulating so many games. We play every game of every season. If there were more detailed gameplans in the coaching strategies menu, maybe I could simulate a game or two, but I don't trust the computer one bit as it is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2004, 08:25 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 2

I have been in several multiplayer dynasties. Most of which were sim only. Usually the first pick is Texas. The second pick is usually USC. The third pick is usually Miami. The fourth pick is often Ohio St. After that it starts to get tricky as you try not get into sharing a region with someone.

Anyway if you are just looking for the best shot to win then I'd pick Miami.
Old 07-05-2004, 09:08 PM   #27
SM*G*XX*R

marque1d's Arena

OVR: 4

How are you people doing this, are you using more than 1 memory card? ? The PS2 profile glitch really screwed this up when I tried it because you can only have 2 profiles at a time and one of them has to be the default "profile1." It's been like this for at least 2 years and I really wish EA would notice this and fix it.
Old 07-06-2004, 11:00 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 1

my bro and i each have our profiles loaded at the same time. I would imagine for leagues with more than two, the two that would be playing a game would just load their profiles before the game. What is the profile glitch you are talking about?
Old 07-06-2004, 11:20 AM   #29
Rookie

I have two other sports obsessed friends just like myself that I play multiple user dynasties with. As a few people have said on this thread, it really is an incredibly fun way to play the game. In fact, playing a dynasty against my friends has basically ruined the single player dynasty mode for me. It's just so much more fun playing in big games against your friends and recruiting against them for big time players. The trash talking gets pretty wild in situations like this. This year the trash talking will even go another notch higher since we'll be able to customize the "fan signs" on the field. Oh man...the jokes just write themselves don't they?

We usually meet once a week after work and play for 4 or 5 hours. We simulate every game except for the games we play against each other. Then we do the offseason stuff which usually takes a while because you want to be sure that the players you get are going to be good since we simulate so much.

We've done this with Madden, ESPN College Hoops, and with NCAA Football. It's probably the best aspect of the game for me. I only hope that NCAA hasn't taken out multiple user dynasties in this year's release. Ordinarily I wouldn't be concerned, but this year I am a little worried since they added all the stuff with "discipline" and things like that. I hope they did the programming well enough to handle having to manage more than one team's discipline.
Old 07-06-2004, 01:54 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:

CurrentHorn said:
I have two other sports obsessed friends just like myself that I play multiple user dynasties with. As a few people have said on this thread, it really is an incredibly fun way to play the game. In fact, playing a dynasty against my friends has basically ruined the single player dynasty mode for me. It's just so much more fun playing in big games against your friends and recruiting against them for big time players. The trash talking gets pretty wild in situations like this. This year the trash talking will even go another notch higher since we'll be able to customize the "fan signs" on the field. Oh man...the jokes just write themselves don't they?

We usually meet once a week after work and play for 4 or 5 hours. We simulate every game except for the games we play against each other. Then we do the offseason stuff which usually takes a while because you want to be sure that the players you get are going to be good since we simulate so much.

We've done this with Madden, ESPN College Hoops, and with NCAA Football. It's probably the best aspect of the game for me. I only hope that NCAA hasn't taken out multiple user dynasties in this year's release. Ordinarily I wouldn't be concerned, but this year I am a little worried since they added all the stuff with "discipline" and things like that. I hope they did the programming well enough to handle having to manage more than one team's discipline.

Can anyone confirm that there will be multiple user dynasties in this yrs. game?
Old 07-06-2004, 02:12 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

Gilbert_Arenas said:
Quote:

CurrentHorn said:

Can anyone confirm that there will be multiple user dynasties in this yrs. game?

Why wouldn't there be? It has been every year. Common now, think a little.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2004, 02:31 PM   #32
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Being in college, there are always plenty of people around to have multi-user dynsaties. Usually we have 4 people: me, my roomate, and two other suitemates. Most kids don't really want to play because us 4 are so much better than every else, or they don't want to play the game as frequently as we do (we've found it takes us about 9 days to finish each year). I guess some people actually study in college.

Anyway, my roomate and I are the two best players and are usually very even and 9 outta 10 times the nat'l title is between us two. We've had some classic games since freshman year (we're going to be seniors this year ) and we're the only 2 that have ever won a nat'l title. Only once was neither of us in the title game, and our suitemate got trounced by Oklahoma. He was so pissed he never won a title and blew his only real chance. We play exactly five years before moving onto Madden (hopefully ESPN this year) and my roomate leads in NC's 8-6. I've got some ground to make up during our final year together.

Frosh year we were all ACC teams, I was Clemson (Woody Danztler ) and my roomate was Georgia Tech.

Soph. and Junior year I was UConn and he was BC.

I've never looked back on all this before, but some of the funniest and most memorable moments in college have been playing videogames. Just so fun and competitive. That or I was just too drunk to remember all the other great moments, hehe.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »