Home

This game continues to amaze me

This is a discussion on This game continues to amaze me within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2015, 09:24 PM   #1
MVP

whughes's Arena

OVR: 0

Ok so at the end of season 6, Sun Belt champion Louisana-Lafeyette and Big Ten Champion Central Michigan (me) meet in the Natty (I know, bull**** sun belt team shouldn't be in Natty. I agree completely) but they come out running the flexbone. Which is odd because all 4 coaches that run the flexbone are still at their original jobs (Navy, Air Force, Army, Georgia Tech) so I figure it's probably an old OC from one of those schools. Check after the game, their head coach is some dude named Ivin Jasper, this is his first year at ULL, 3rd season as a head coach. So I figure it's some made up dude right? Wrong. After a quick Google search because I was curious, Ivin Jasper is the quarterbacks coach at Navy! He just got promoted to OC this year IRL. Which means 6 seasons ago when I started this dynasty, the game knew who Navy's quarterbacks coach was, and he progressed through the coaching trees. How amazing is that?! It's either that, or the game got really lucky matching a random first name with a random last name that happened to be a real guy

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2015, 04:23 PM   #2
Rookie

falcor1234's Arena

Re: This game continues to amaze me

amazing he is the coach for eastern michigan in my dynasty
Old 12-21-2015, 09:07 PM   #3
MVP

BDawg35's Arena

OVR: 14

The CPU just made him my offensive coordinator. I saw he runs the Navy offense. I'm not comfortable trying to run it (plus I have a really good senior receiver who needs to be featured), so I'm just running my offense with a more balanced playbook.
Old 12-21-2015, 11:22 PM   #4
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by whughes
Ok so at the end of season 6, Sun Belt champion Louisana-Lafeyette and Big Ten Champion Central Michigan (me) meet in the Natty (I know, bull**** sun belt team shouldn't be in Natty. I agree completely) but they come out running the flexbone. Which is odd because all 4 coaches that run the flexbone are still at their original jobs (Navy, Air Force, Army, Georgia Tech) so I figure it's probably an old OC from one of those schools. Check after the game, their head coach is some dude named Ivin Jasper, this is his first year at ULL, 3rd season as a head coach. So I figure it's some made up dude right? Wrong. After a quick Google search because I was curious, Ivin Jasper is the quarterbacks coach at Navy! He just got promoted to OC this year IRL. Which means 6 seasons ago when I started this dynasty, the game knew who Navy's quarterbacks coach was, and he progressed through the coaching trees. How amazing is that?! It's either that, or the game got really lucky matching a random first name with a random last name that happened to be a real guy
http://www.navysports.com/sports/m-f...er_ivin00.html

Not to rain on your parade, but Ivin Jasper has been Navy's OC for the last 8 seasons (including when NCAA 14 came out) and he was included by whomever edited your roster, just like every other head coach, offensive coordinator, and defensive coordinator in the game.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 12-21-2015, 11:28 PM   #5
Rookie

maizeblue13's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
http://www.navysports.com/sports/m-f...er_ivin00.html

Not to rain on your parade, but Ivin Jasper has been Navy's OC for the last 8 seasons (including when NCAA 14 came out) and he was included by whomever edited your roster, just like every other head coach, offensive coordinator, and defensive coordinator in the game.
I was just about to say this
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2015, 02:14 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

The ability to choose our own coordinators was the only major thing missing. We played a lot of this game.
Old 12-22-2015, 02:40 PM   #7
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingblade73
The ability to choose our own coordinators was the only major thing missing. We played a lot of this game.
It bugs the crap out of me that the computer makes my OC and DC choices. Its annoying that as a 2* program the CPU will find an OC thats level 20 or so...no way they would come to my school unless they were a HC.

On the flip side of the coin, 4 straight titles with Boise State and 6*...they hire level zero OC and DC when mine leave

Last edited by SilverBullet19; 12-22-2015 at 04:44 PM.
Old 12-22-2015, 04:26 PM   #8
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
It bugs the crap out of me that the computer makes my OC and DC choices. Its annoying that as a 2* program the CPU will find an OC thats level 20 or so...no way they would come to my school unless they were an HC.

On the flip side of the coin, 4 straight titles with Boise State and 6*...they hire level zero OC and DC when mine leave

You could always use the editor to adjust this if you wanted.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »