Home

Making dynasty mode feel more organic

This is a discussion on Making dynasty mode feel more organic within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2016, 04:16 PM   #17
MVP

TheRosterMaster's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Making dynasty mode feel more organic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
How long does this process take?
It doesn't really take that long. When a lot people see the word "modding" they think that this would be hard and take a lot of time, but really it is very quick.

It takes me about 5-10 minutes to set up every round (including loading time for the computer programs). So in total, for a 4-Team playoff then 10-20 minutes. Also you need to do a little bit more of extra editing after the playoff is over and that should take about 5 minutes. So IN TOTAL it takes me about 20-30 minutes. Here is a tutorial on how to make a playoff (This is the first of 3 videos): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVs4dGNMJOw

When you edit your dynasty for the first time it will probably take you a longer time. I remember last summer it took me about 40-50 minutes for my first dynasty edit. Over time you will get the hang of it and it will be a breeze.
Old 02-05-2016, 06:31 PM   #18
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc_brigade88
I have been wanting to do this for a long time now! I've looked at a couple of dynasties and was wondering if there are any templates you guys used or if you created your own. I noticed Cheese uses an ESPN style for their stats. I also didn't know what the protocol for pictures would be. I don't own any gaming capture device so I didn't know if it was cool to just take iphone pictures and put them up.

Do you guys have any advice for someone wanting to start this?
I'm still finding my style, which is apparent as you progress through my dynasty.

As for pics, I use my cell phone. I set up my replay and snap a pic. Then I edit it with photobucket. Seems to work decently.

Major Boise State fan
Old 02-06-2016, 01:22 AM   #19
Rookie

JDRAKE349's Arena

Loving this thread!

I've been keeping track of stats, recruits and big games for a little while but still find myself getting bored on occasion. I think reporting might really get things to stick a bit more by creating the storyline behind things (I'm a freelance sportswriter in RL so that's right up my alley anyway haha).

My favorite part is tracking my recruits and compiling their stats and awards -- I will definitely be retiring numbers in the future as studs come and go.

I keep track of all my coaching stats as well as team stats like offense, defense and TOs from year to year, school to school. Having all that info really helps shape the story in my mind as keeps it fresh.

Thanks for all the ideas, just got me more fired up to play!
Portland Trailblazers
UMaine Black Bears (Alma Mater)
Old 02-06-2016, 02:08 PM   #20

Cheese2121's Arena

OVR: 1

The stat tables I use themselves are from the dynasty generators here on OS. As for my overall styles and templates, many of those I created and have tweaked myself over the years in HTML and such. If anyone has any questions, always feel free to ask!

XBL Gamer Tag: MrCheese2121 (feel free to add/message me!)

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)
Old 02-06-2016, 03:42 PM   #21
Rookie

UravenzownU's Arena

OVR: 2

Through PocketScouts tracking program I like to check on the top recruits after every 3-4 years and see if they lived up to there ranking or were a bust
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2016, 12:50 PM   #22
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

I only change the names of my kids and this season opener against ASU is an excellent example of why I do it (so my roster doesn't look like theirs).

Yes, you're seeing that correctly. 3 QBs, all named Brandon.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 02-09-2016, 05:05 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 13

I also do quite a bit of many things mentioned in this thread.

One thing I haven't seen brought up, have you ever noticed how many random generated white CBs and black kickers/punters there are? Lol, like literally every single season, 3/4th of the kickers are black and about 3/4th CBs of are white. Now obviously I don't mind a few of those sprinkled in, but usually they require some changing since there are just way, way too many that do this. Lol, I'm seriously convinced the skin color code is accidentally switched between those positions.

I edit every single player on my team, and in year 2 start editing every new freshman on my team and the team I'm playing next. Because way too often you get those awkward looking players who have 80% pad height that practically goes up to their ears, and a Revolution helmet with a horribly ugly facemask option that doesn't go with their position at all.

Some things that always need doing:
-Buff up RBs arms and thighs to 30-40 to give them a more rounded look instead of the weird lanky skinny one they usually are generated with
-Change linemans pads to 0%, sleeve tight, and add knee braces since not all of them generate with one

I also change Army/Navy/Air Force QBs to have around only 50ovr pass accuracy rating (which usually correlates to them becoming around high-60's overall), since if you make them capable passers, they end up passing more and the teams become juggernauts and rule the NCAA after a few years.

I also set all my injuries to the way they are here. Otherwise, it seems you rarely get any. They aren't over the top though, it basically makes it so you line up with the rest of the NCAA injuries that all the other teams get. Balances things out. And it's nice to have to actually gameplan and work around if your starter goes down.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...&postcount=133
Old 02-09-2016, 06:27 PM   #24
Pro

KushNstien's Arena

OVR: 8

Spoiler

The HC only wants brandons as Quarterback lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
I also do quite a bit of many things mentioned in this thread.

One thing I haven't seen brought up, have you ever noticed how many random generated white CBs and black kickers/punters there are? Lol, like literally every single season, 3/4th of the kickers are black and about 3/4th CBs of are white. Now obviously I don't mind a few of those sprinkled in, but usually they require some changing since there are just way, way too many that do this. Lol, I'm seriously convinced the skin color code is accidentally switched between those positions.

I edit every single player on my team, and in year 2 start editing every new freshman on my team and the team I'm playing next. Because way too often you get those awkward looking players who have 80% pad height that practically goes up to their ears, and a Revolution helmet with a horribly ugly facemask option that doesn't go with their position at all.

Some things that always need doing:
-Buff up RBs arms and thighs to 30-40 to give them a more rounded look instead of the weird lanky skinny one they usually are generated with
-Change linemans pads to 0%, sleeve tight, and add knee braces since not all of them generate with one

I also change Army/Navy/Air Force QBs to have around only 50ovr pass accuracy rating (which usually correlates to them becoming around high-60's overall), since if you make them capable passers, they end up passing more and the teams become juggernauts and rule the NCAA after a few years.

I also set all my injuries to the way they are here. Otherwise, it seems you rarely get any. They aren't over the top though, it basically makes it so you line up with the rest of the NCAA injuries that all the other teams get. Balances things out. And it's nice to have to actually gameplan and work around if your starter goes down.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...&postcount=133
I should take that idea with the Service academy teams should limit navy from dominating the AAC.

You should start mass editing some things like I did, it will save some time.

Give every recruit Revo Speed Helmets and just sprinkle around the Air XP, ION, etc. In game since not every player wears revo but a majority does.

I also Mass Edit shoulder pads and Def to 0 since shoulder pads.

Last edited by KushNstien; 02-09-2016 at 06:43 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »