Home

Passing Question

This is a discussion on Passing Question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2016, 01:38 AM   #9
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Passing Question

I'll chime in here too, as a passing guy.

I think your issue may be how aggressive you are. I am VERY aggressive with the pass. Most plays are 10-15 yard passes, with a few 20+ tosses in there. My QB often averages 13-15 yards per completion. I usually only go short if they cover mid range well and force me to. The first play of the game for my offense is a play with a deep post or a deep corner (20 yards or so). I test their ability to stop it early.

For big gains, I use the play action. Its almost the only way I go over 35 yards on a pass.

I passed for over 350 YPG last season, and ran for almost 200. My highest rated receiver was a 78 with low 80's speed (TE was an 80 with 79 speed). I usually threw the ball anywhere from 25-40 times a game.

Major Boise State fan
Old 02-27-2016, 09:28 AM   #10
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
I'll chime in here too, as a passing guy.

I think your issue may be how aggressive you are. I am VERY aggressive with the pass. Most plays are 10-15 yard passes, with a few 20+ tosses in there. My QB often averages 13-15 yards per completion. I usually only go short if they cover mid range well and force me to. The first play of the game for my offense is a play with a deep post or a deep corner (20 yards or so). I test their ability to stop it early.

I should also note that like Dr. Death I have my QBA slider @ 5 (the MOST important slider setting for tough sliders IMO) so I can't go downfield early in the game w/o my QB air mailing the ball 15 yards away from the receiver the vast majority of the time.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 02-27-2016, 04:00 PM   #11
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I should also note that like Dr. Death I have my QBA slider @ 5 (the MOST important slider setting for tough sliders IMO) so I can't go downfield early in the game w/o my QB air mailing the ball 15 yards away from the receiver the vast majority of the time.
Thats where mine is as well. I've noticed the biggest thing is not trying to "guide" the pass with the right stick. That works for good QB's (85-90 and up), but low rated guys it makes them horribly inaccurate. Even without it, they're still off target a lot.

Major Boise State fan
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »