Home

Without a doubt, counter plays are the best running plays this year

This is a discussion on Without a doubt, counter plays are the best running plays this year within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2004, 12:13 PM   #1
MVP

WatchdogXC's Arena

OVR: 15
Without a doubt, counter plays are the best running plays this year

I've had a lot of success running counter plays. I remember in past years when these plays were worthless, but with the smarter blocking, you can pull off some big runs this way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2004, 12:17 PM   #2
X marks the spot

zephyr13's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Without a doubt, counter plays are the best running plays this year

Quote:

WatchdogXC said:
I've had a lot of success running counter plays. I remember in past years when these plays were worthless, but with the smarter blocking, you can pull off some big runs this way.

I agree. The counter plays this year are money!
Old 07-27-2004, 12:19 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

That's because with the slight delay it forces the user to allow his blocking to happen. I don't even mess with a speed button unless I got green on any running. Play. My longest run to date is still on a simple dive play.
Old 07-27-2004, 12:21 PM   #4
MVP

WatchdogXC's Arena

OVR: 15

Yeah, I've noticed that you are better off not hitting the speed burst until into open field. The blocking is much improved and I've busted some long runs on simple dive plays where I let the hole open up.
Old 07-27-2004, 12:47 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Without a doubt, counter plays are the best running plays this yea

the counter play is just ok in my opinion because it doesnt always work for me. sometimes the pulling guard doesnt pull fast enough and the DT just comes right through and hits me from behind. i only use this play if I have a really fast RB to get around the end quickly.... but thats just my opinion
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2004, 12:56 PM   #6
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

I've had the counter play be really effective at times, but against some stud d-linemen, you're dead meat as soon as your HB gets the handoff.
Old 07-27-2004, 01:05 PM   #7
Rookie

jjonesAU's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:

heelsman22 said:
the counter play is just ok in my opinion because it doesnt always work for me. sometimes the pulling guard doesnt pull fast enough and the DT just comes right through and hits me from behind. i only use this play if I have a really fast RB to get around the end quickly.... but thats just my opinion

I have this problem a few times as well. But i think its because the AI gets wise to me running it 5 or 6 times a game (since they took away my off tackle plays ). I'd say its about 75% effective for me. In fact i use to use it as my first play of the game until i got better at passing.
Old 07-27-2004, 01:09 PM   #8
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

IMO the counter is at about 25% effectiveness compared to last year. I got 451 rushing yards one game last year on Heisman sliders on THREE minute quarters just running counter plays because I wanted to see how rediculous it was. It was Penn St. vs Wisconsin too, not a mismatch by any means.

Go back and play '04, the counter is a million times more effective than in '05. They definately needed to tone it down, and with the right sliders it is.

It's been my money play since '02 and finally it isn't super easy to get a ton of yards using them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »