Home

Stat-killing glitch?

This is a discussion on Stat-killing glitch? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2019, 11:43 PM   #1
Pro

osubucki6's Arena

OVR: 0
Stat-killing glitch?

I don't even know how to start this, I'm so upset right now.

I was in my 11th game of my second season in a KU dynasty, and in like the second quarter I had a weird play where my WR caught the ball at the 1 very clearly, but it was called a TD and needed reviewed. I went to replay just because I wanted to send a picture to a couple friends because it was so ludicrous. However, doing this caused me to get the frame rate glitch the rest of the game which was annoying.

I don't know if either caused what happened next but I assume so. In the 4th quarter with under two minutes left I went to run a wildcat counter with Justin McCay, my WR turned RB2 who has become one of my favorite players. After the ball is snapped I start to run, a whistle blows as players go invisible, and the play is recorded as a 22 yard run down to the 1. I try to run with my FB at the goal line and every snap immediately glitches to my center for a zero yard gain where he goes invisible and nobody moves.

This was at the very end of the game so I backout and go to check stats. I get to rushing stats and McCay is listed as 7 rushes for -1023 yards and is now down to -300 yards on the year, when hes over 700. Meanwhile my center has no rushing attempts despite getting credit for 3 at the end of the game. I don't know what happened, all I know is it killed my stats and I'm really frustrated.

Edit: did not effect my team stats for the game or for the season and it only shows up for McCays individual stats.
NBA-Sonics :'(

Last edited by osubucki6; 11-10-2019 at 12:45 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2019, 01:35 AM   #2
Pro

Re: Stat-killing glitch?

That's crazy. Never seen that before. Ever.

I'm not sure if it's related to what else happened to you, but here's my solution for the frame rate/lag glitch: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...p-offline.html

Works every time
Old 11-10-2019, 01:00 PM   #3
Pro

osubucki6's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa
That's crazy. Never seen that before. Ever.

I'm not sure if it's related to what else happened to you, but here's my solution for the frame rate/lag glitch: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...p-offline.html

Works every time
I knew there was a fix, didn’t remember who came up with it and didn’t feel like digging for it last night. Got a screenshot now so it’ll be easy in the future, although I doubt I’ll come across it much more as I hardly go to replay.
Old 11-10-2019, 05:25 PM   #4
Rookie

Rieux's Arena

Good ol' EA coding.

I'm always curious about what's going on in the code - do you remember how many carries McCay had in that game before the glitch? Was the Wildcat play his 7th? And do you happen to remember how many yards he had before the play?

The -1023 would seem to be an overflow of some kind. There are probably people more knowledgeable than me that could explain it to me though. I wonder what the max value is for any on-screen integer the game can display? 65536 maybe? In the stats and whatnot, that is - the biggest example I can think of is stadium capacities, but I wonder if the game technically stores those as text strings rather than integers. What's a coach's max level in dynasty? And how much XP does his XP bar max out at when he can't gain anymore? Anyone know offhand?

Apologies for taking this topic further into the weeds than you intended, OP! But these very rare, very weird glitches always present interesting learning opportunities to figure out more about how the game works, if we can get some smart folks to look at it!
Old 11-11-2019, 01:28 AM   #5
Pro

osubucki6's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rieux
Good ol' EA coding.

I'm always curious about what's going on in the code - do you remember how many carries McCay had in that game before the glitch? Was the Wildcat play his 7th? And do you happen to remember how many yards he had before the play?
I don’t remember up to the wildcat play exactly. I do know he had 4 carries for -2 yards some time in the 4th quarter and I thought I needed to get him some touches to see if he could break one. I would guess that it would’ve been his 7th carry on the Wildcat. As for yards, no idea but it couldn’t have been that many.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »