Home

COACH SETTINGS

This is a discussion on COACH SETTINGS within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2018, 04:11 PM   #17
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: COACH SETTINGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
Sweet Jesus how many plays are they running if you’re getting 70 passes lol

I run 9 minute in my dynasty with no changes to the pace. I only go conservative if I’m killing the clock to end a game. I don’t ever pick aggressive. I usually get anywhere from 60-80 plays on my side. I usually have the ball for roughly 2/3 of the time as my offense is ball control right now (several 10+ play scoring drives), so I usually keep the CPU to around 50-60 plays total.

Combined it’s about 120-130 plays in the game. Slightly under the average I found of roughly 145 per game combined (72 offensive snaps per team in 2014).

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
LOL...this is CPU-CPU and they average around 90-95 plays...and i also see a lot of long drawn out drives as well

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-05-2018, 05:28 PM   #18
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
LOL...this is CPU-CPU and they average around 90-95 plays...and i also see a lot of long drawn out drives as well

Not knocking you at all, but that's a ton of plays lol. I think the record is 100 by one team. If both are getting 90-95 plays, that's about 180-190 plays in the whole game. That's anywhere from roughly 35-45 more than average. I could see that if both teams are the hurry up or air raid type maybe. Seems there could still be some balancing?

So far in 2019 only two teams have averaged over 90 plays per game (Texas Tech with 95.2 and Wake Forest at 90.2). There are several in the high 80's, but the median (65th ranked) is Michigan State at 72.2

In the 2017 season, no team broke the 90 play average. The highest average plays per game was 87.8 (Syracuse), followed by South Florida at 85.1. The median was Navy with 71.9. (side note: kinda wild to see even a run based option offense is racking up that many plays).

The hardest thing in my mind is to balance the plays and yards. Although my amount of plays is maybe a bit lower than average, I have broken 500 yards on a regular basis depending on if I'm a passing or running team. Even balanced I average like 450. In part its because you're always going to get more yards per play in a video game, I think.

In 2017, only 8 teams broke a 500 yard average. Of those 8, several were Air Raid or fast paced type offenses (Oklahoma State, Oklahoma, Memphis, Central Florida, Louisville, South Florida, Ohio State). Only 23 total averaged more than 450. I am able to achieve these marks while huddling for every play.

So for me, the hard part is getting the right amount of plays, and right amount of yards per play. As it stands, I get elite fast paced type yardage but huddle each play. Personally I'm happy where mine is, 10-20 more plays could make the offensive yardage just insane.

I got that info here:
https://www.teamrankings.com/college...ate=2018-01-08

Major Boise State fan
Old 10-05-2018, 05:59 PM   #19
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
Not knocking you at all, but that's a ton of plays lol. I think the record is 100 by one team. If both are getting 90-95 plays, that's about 180-190 plays in the whole game. That's anywhere from roughly 35-45 more than average. I could see that if both teams are the hurry up or air raid type maybe. Seems there could still be some balancing?

So far in 2019 only two teams have averaged over 90 plays per game (Texas Tech with 95.2 and Wake Forest at 90.2). There are several in the high 80's, but the median (65th ranked) is Michigan State at 72.2

In the 2017 season, no team broke the 90 play average. The highest average plays per game was 87.8 (Syracuse), followed by South Florida at 85.1. The median was Navy with 71.9. (side note: kinda wild to see even a run based option offense is racking up that many plays).

The hardest thing in my mind is to balance the plays and yards. Although my amount of plays is maybe a bit lower than average, I have broken 500 yards on a regular basis depending on if I'm a passing or running team. Even balanced I average like 450. In part its because you're always going to get more yards per play in a video game, I think.

In 2017, only 8 teams broke a 500 yard average. Of those 8, several were Air Raid or fast paced type offenses (Oklahoma State, Oklahoma, Memphis, Central Florida, Louisville, South Florida, Ohio State). Only 23 total averaged more than 450. I am able to achieve these marks while huddling for every play.

So for me, the hard part is getting the right amount of plays, and right amount of yards per play. As it stands, I get elite fast paced type yardage but huddle each play. Personally I'm happy where mine is, 10-20 more plays could make the offensive yardage just insane.

I got that info here:
https://www.teamrankings.com/college...ate=2018-01-08
Crazy thing i was seeing decent yardage and lower scores. I saw these long drawn out drives that often times would end in 3 points. I enjoyed it but as you said way too many plays. So i went back to 10 min qtrs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »