Home

3rd and 8 or more. Your Clutch Pass Play?

This is a discussion on 3rd and 8 or more. Your Clutch Pass Play? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2018, 01:15 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 3rd and 8 or more. Your Clutch Pass Play?

Formation: Split Pro
Play: Texas
Put RB on wheel -route, then motion him to weak side slot receiver position. Must be done in this order, otherwise wheel-route is no longer an option.

If CPU plays zone coverage, WR has a fade and he clears the area and safety follows him deep. CB takes away the flat. Roll with QB to RB's side, wait until CB leaves RB on wheel route and commits to QB run, then pass to wide open RB. If they play man, FB usually is wide open in the middle after his post-route.
Old 12-12-2018, 02:07 PM   #10
Rookie

my go to play is a split shotgun formation with HB1 going in motion and then hb2 running screen. I believe it is called "cross screen" works every time
Old 12-12-2018, 05:08 PM   #11
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Personally I don't have one "go to," and I try to avoid them if I do (limit myself when it comes to money plays).

3rd and 8 though, I generally try to spread the field. I like the plays with outside routes clearing (jet route) and inside guys running outs. Typically a TE or running back over the middle, so I have some options.

For 8-12, I'm running something with deep curls/comebacks, and trying to get right to the sticks.

More than 12, I will run a deeper pass or screen, and hope for the best.

Major Boise State fan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2018, 02:34 AM   #12
Pro

Oh, there’s a play called mesh post in one of the shotgun bunch formations where the back goes in motion all the way out and then runs a go route. The other two receivers run crossers and one of the bunch receivers runs a post. They also have a corner variation where that receiver runs a corner instead.

There are a few formations where the RB motions out wide and runs a go or a corner. They can be killer shot plays
Old 12-18-2018, 01:06 PM   #13
Rookie

wreckem27's Arena

Shallow cross in one of the 4WR or 3WR 1TE SG sets that has a mills concept on the outside.
Old 12-20-2018, 07:45 PM   #14
Pro

osubucki6's Arena

I try my best to avoid "money plays" in NCAA, although there is a time and place I feel its okay to use them. Basically, if you need them though, here they are:
-any play with a single WR on one side. Put the single WR on a smart routed out route, first down, out of bounds. Every single time.
-Five wide four verts, put slot WR on two WR side on slant route. Read MLB. This is especially deadly against user players. If they commit to the vertical (A usually) throw the slant and vice versa.
-Five wide WR In. Throw the drag and then once the DE drops to cover it, hit the Dig route. Not always great for big yardage but consistently works and can be used throughout the game.
-Five wide Middle Slant. Out route, slant route, curl route, drag route. Easy money.
-Five wide Shallow cross, put outside WR on trips side on curl. If the curl is open throw it, otherwise hit whatever drag is more open.
-Texas. That angled go route is probably my favorite route in the game. In addition to that it has the best check down in the game on the angle route. Split Twins is probably my favorite formation for it because it also has a C route with it.
-PA WR In with the drag hot routed to a streak. Roll out to QB's throwing side with slide protection that way, hit deep post. Basically if you need a big play, this will get it if you get time. It's basically what I've replaced Hail Mary with.
-PA Power O out of a two back set. Corner route is always open. Not really something to run on third and long though unless you're in chew clock mode, or just playing an online opponent.
I'm sure I have more, I just can't think of anything right now.
NBA-Sonics :'(
Old 12-27-2018, 09:03 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 2

5 WR Bunch Corners
5 WR Bunch Shallow Cross
5 WR Trio Shallow Cross
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »