Home

Dynamic Player Progression System - No Editor Needed

This is a discussion on Dynamic Player Progression System - No Editor Needed within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2020, 10:21 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Dynamic Player Progression System - No Editor Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose141
I really like your idea about normalization of the QB awareness ratings. I already do similar stuff with the transfers, and I may do the random super progression/regression things as well! My one question about the awareness boost though... do you find that this gives you an inordinate amount of 99 rated QBs because they all have high awareness to go along with their physical skills? Or do you still not have a ton of high rated QBs?
That was my concern as well, but in reality, I am 13 years into this and there are typically only somewhere between 5-8 99 overall QB’s.

Now that might seem bad, but I think it actually results in stats across the NCAA being closer to “real-life.” The same could be said for gameplay depending on your slider set (I use a variation of jkitts).

As long as having a handful of 99’s each year doesn’t bother you, I think you will be pleased by the stats teams start putting up if you are a sim guy.

Last year (real life), there were 23 teams that put up over 450 yards per game. That would NEVER happen using the default game. Making that one small adjustment to QB awareness actually results in very similar stats in the game. For instance, in my last season of my dynasty, Auburn averaged 49 points and 546 yards per game, which is actually pretty close to what LSU did last year.

In short, yes, it is a concern if having a few 99’s bothers you, but in reality, it makes the game play better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2020, 10:25 PM   #42
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
I could fully automate your system using the editor and excel with macros. I've been looking into doing a full progression system for NCAA since all the modding has come about this last week. I've already done a complete overhaul of progression for Madden 20 on PC.

Doing it just with the editor would be hard. But if you pulled it into excel you could do it pretty easily. I've been having a hell of a time coming up with an original system.
That would be awesome! I figured it was possible because I know someone already uses excel to normalize their QB awareness ratings, but I would personally have no clue how to do it.
If you decide to do this, let us know. It would be completely game-changing in my opinion.
Old 05-27-2020, 09:14 AM   #43
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawkeye
That would be awesome! I figured it was possible because I know someone already uses excel to normalize their QB awareness ratings, but I would personally have no clue how to do it.
If you decide to do this, let us know. It would be completely game-changing in my opinion.
I'm going to start working on it soon. I'll use what you have as a base and then we can build up from there. I'll keep you in the loop every step of the way.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 05-27-2020, 11:43 AM   #44
MVP

moose141's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawkeye
That was my concern as well, but in reality, I am 13 years into this and there are typically only somewhere between 5-8 99 overall QB’s.

Now that might seem bad, but I think it actually results in stats across the NCAA being closer to “real-life.” The same could be said for gameplay depending on your slider set (I use a variation of jkitts).

As long as having a handful of 99’s each year doesn’t bother you, I think you will be pleased by the stats teams start putting up if you are a sim guy.

Last year (real life), there were 23 teams that put up over 450 yards per game. That would NEVER happen using the default game. Making that one small adjustment to QB awareness actually results in very similar stats in the game. For instance, in my last season of my dynasty, Auburn averaged 49 points and 546 yards per game, which is actually pretty close to what LSU did last year.

In short, yes, it is a concern if having a few 99’s bothers you, but in reality, it makes the game play better.
Ok cool, I do like the sound of that as far as gameplay and stats and everything are concerned.

Other question on that then is once you start normalizing all freshman QB awareness ratings, won't that mean eventually you won't really end up with any freshman starters again because all the QBs in all of the recruiting cycles will have seen the same awareness boosts? You'll just end up with higher OVR QBs in general. Not trying to poke holes, haha, just genuinely asking since it sounds like you've used this for a number of recruiting cycles and would have more mental data on how things actually worked out!

Pittsburgh Penguins - Pittsburgh Panthers - Pittsburgh Steelers - Pittsburgh Pirates - West Ham United
University of Pittsburgh Ice Hockey
Old 05-27-2020, 12:45 PM   #45
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
I'm going to start working on it soon. I'll use what you have as a base and then we can build up from there. I'll keep you in the loop every step of the way.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Check out Hellisan ideas as well in this thread:

Manual random number based offseason improvement
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2020, 10:02 PM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose141
Ok cool, I do like the sound of that as far as gameplay and stats and everything are concerned.

Other question on that then is once you start normalizing all freshman QB awareness ratings, won't that mean eventually you won't really end up with any freshman starters again because all the QBs in all of the recruiting cycles will have seen the same awareness boosts? You'll just end up with higher OVR QBs in general. Not trying to poke holes, haha, just genuinely asking since it sounds like you've used this for a number of recruiting cycles and would have more mental data on how things actually worked out!
Unfortunately you are correct. Though I will say that it is not quite as bad as it seems because since there are so many highly rated QB’s, more of them declare early for the draft and open up a few more spots on depth charts when they leave.

I’ve been thinking of some solutions to this before I eventually type up more of a “master copy” of the progression system with all of the extra add-ons, and here are my current options. Let me know if you have any other ideas.

1. Give each freshman QB a 50/50 chance of getting the awareness boost.

2. Only give the boost to freshman QB’s rated 77 or higher.

3. Give freshman QB’s with an overall rating of 75 or higher a 50/50 shot at getting the boost.

4. Increase the boost to 20 attribute points for awareness and give every freshman QB a 1/5 chance of receiving to boost.

I’m leaning towards option 4 right now.

Option 3 would be simple, but would not help out any lower-level school that does not recruit highly rate QB’s.

Option 4 would increase the overall ratings of 20% of all freshman QB’s by roughly 7 points. It would influence all schools, even lower level ones, and it would not result in such a massive number of 95+ rated QB’s, but will still help improve overall QB stats and would result in more elite Heisman-worthy QB seasons that the default system, which is really the goal.
Old 05-28-2020, 05:08 PM   #47
MVP

young22's Arena

This system and your progression ideas are great. Neatly summarizes what I've been wanting to do, I was doing some similar stuff but you've outlined it so well.

Sent from my SM-A102W using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 05-28-2020, 07:36 PM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by young22
This system and your progression ideas are great. Neatly summarizes what I've been wanting to do, I was doing some similar stuff but you've outlined it so well.

Sent from my SM-A102W using Operation Sports mobile app
Thanks man, it was quite a bit of time and math for my novice skills lol. Glad you are enjoying it.

Feel free to let me know if you have any suggestions or if you notice anything weird happening to the balance of your rosters after a few years. I try to monitor mine for realism and longevity but I’m sure I miss things.

I think I will type up a slightly refined version later this summer. No major changes, just a little tweak here and there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »