Home

'NCAA Football' video game made unlikely by NIL recommendation

This is a discussion on 'NCAA Football' video game made unlikely by NIL recommendation within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2020, 10:41 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
'NCAA Football' video game made unlikely by NIL recommendation

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/...k1r3wz6an5dz1p

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2020, 02:20 AM   #2
Rookie

brianski71's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 'NCAA Football' video game made unlikely by NIL recommendation

This is garbage. Literally everyone wants the game. College players. NFL players. Gamers. Coaches. Everyone. The NCAA are literally the only people insistent on continuing to kill a huge cash cow. Think about how far games have come with paid DLC and microtransactions since 2013. The game would be a gold mine. Not to mention, the game could be a way to keep struggling athletic departments afloat after losing millions with this Corona bs. It’s a no-brainer. Make the game. The CHL players have no problem being in the NHL game without being paid. I guarantee 99.9% of college football players would do the same.
Old 04-29-2020, 10:15 AM   #3
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

It's either going to be a game like Doug Flutie's Maximum Football that gives you generic teams with full customization or it's it's going to be nothing at all. At this point, Canuck is the only company that has been willing to do that. I wish 2k would take a stab at it. I know EA won't do it.
Old 04-29-2020, 10:37 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

It does suck. The interest is definitely there from all sides. But looking from both perspectives, I do see there is need for a union before they take that next step for games. I know there's a college athletes association, but that isn't enough. There needs to be a single entity that can negotiate for all athletes. It would take so much more time and require way more resources to deal with individual athletes.
But I thought the NFLPA was partnering with them to help in matters like this
Old 04-29-2020, 01:17 PM   #5
Rookie

TomSellecksMustache's Arena

OVR: 6

How about you just say that X amount of the revenue goes into a pot and then that pot is divided equally to each school that is in the game. From there each school divides their share equally among their players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2020, 05:21 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomSellecksMustache
How about you just say that X amount of the revenue goes into a pot and then that pot is divided equally to each school that is in the game. From there each school divides their share equally among their players.
Because....lawyers...
Old 04-30-2020, 04:22 PM   #7
Pro

esayem's Arena

OVR: 3

Then just make up fake players. I don't know why they are so stuck on making an accurate four-year roster when you play a season and a fifth or more of the players are randomly generated. I'd much rather have the accurate logos and stadiums than anything else.

I actually thought the side stories in Madden for college players were cool; the twin linebackers at Notre Dame and the hotshot QB from Houston (I think). Plus, they can be more creative with off the field issues with fake players; academic scandals, improper benefits, all the stuff the NCAA loves to stand against.

The NCAA and the universities are leaving money on the table.
Old 04-30-2020, 07:45 PM   #8
Rookie

Honestly, I would take a college game where all the teams are made up but there is a ton of customization. I just don’t know what kind of market there would be for a game like that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »