Home

NCAA Football 21 - How to Finally Mod NCAA 14

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 21 - How to Finally Mod NCAA 14 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2020, 09:54 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Football 21 - How to Finally Mod NCAA 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by connorwalks
Out of curiosity which gold helmets do look good at night? I could try copying those hex values into the ND helmets (and some others)
FSU's don't look too terrible. ND's are straight brown at night on the PS3. It's really bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2020, 11:12 PM   #42
Rookie

Quote:
Out of curiosity which gold helmets do look good at night? I could try copying those hex values into the ND helmets (and some others)
Well...I have not fired up the PS3 version in years...but on the 360 version...Strategy 1 shines like Gold, except it has a white facemask, (should be gray) and has a REALLY funky texture to it...that's the helmet I usually wear when I play night games in my dynasty...

Shamrock I think looks OK...

I'm trying to remember all the helmets off the top of my head

-Gold - brown
-13 Gold- better, but brownish
-Strategy 1 - Gold but funky texture
-Strategy 2 - half and half helmet, I think looks good at night
-Shamrock- looks gold, but darker than strategy 1

-There is another helmet from a shamrock series game that was in a uniform pack that I didn't buy and can't now

Going back and reading old threads, this seems to be much worse on the PS3. I think even Strategy 1 looks brown on the PS3 according to posts

Here is a picture I found from a thread years ago...on the 360...Strategy 1 on left, Shamrock on the right...

EDIT: My guess...multiplatform games tended to run worse on the PS3 vs the 360 back then. I'm gonna guess that there is something funky in the lighting engine that impacts that helmet, and it's worse on the PS3 version. I'd wager it's something that COULD be fixed with mods on a PC, but I bet it's way more in depth than simple edits
tapatalk_1590548605682.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by Metfanant; 05-26-2020 at 11:18 PM.
Old 05-27-2020, 03:06 PM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metfanant
Well...I have not fired up the PS3 version in years...but on the 360 version...Strategy 1 shines like Gold, except it has a white facemask, (should be gray) and has a REALLY funky texture to it...that's the helmet I usually wear when I play night games in my dynasty...

Shamrock I think looks OK...

I'm trying to remember all the helmets off the top of my head

-Gold - brown
-13 Gold- better, but brownish
-Strategy 1 - Gold but funky texture
-Strategy 2 - half and half helmet, I think looks good at night
-Shamrock- looks gold, but darker than strategy 1

-There is another helmet from a shamrock series game that was in a uniform pack that I didn't buy and can't now

Going back and reading old threads, this seems to be much worse on the PS3. I think even Strategy 1 looks brown on the PS3 according to posts

Here is a picture I found from a thread years ago...on the 360...Strategy 1 on left, Shamrock on the right...

EDIT: My guess...multiplatform games tended to run worse on the PS3 vs the 360 back then. I'm gonna guess that there is something funky in the lighting engine that impacts that helmet, and it's worse on the PS3 version. I'd wager it's something that COULD be fixed with mods on a PC, but I bet it's way more in depth than simple edits
Attachment 179425

You're 100% correct that it's much worse on PS3 vs XBOX360. I play on PS3 and the best helmet I can figure to use on PS3 that doesn't look brown at night or in domes or rain etc is the Strategy 1 or something and that's still not great.

Here is a long thread on the issue
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...t-issue-2.html
Old 05-29-2020, 11:31 PM   #44
Rookie

JimRjr's Arena

Does anybody know who Incendiary is for his Youtube post Incendiary's Page. Brilliant work except I can't have 2 files closely named the same open side by side in BF Hex ed. I am so close to getting my TB stadium corrected and I have restarted the dynasty 4 times already. He has a great tutorial and easy to follow but I must be messing something up in BF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3v-wlHVmcM

Thank you.
Old 05-30-2020, 03:53 AM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldHossRadbourn
You're 100% correct that it's much worse on PS3 vs XBOX360. I play on PS3 and the best helmet I can figure to use on PS3 that doesn't look brown at night or in domes or rain etc is the Strategy 1 or something and that's still not great.

Here is a long thread on the issue
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...t-issue-2.html
Yeah, Strategy 1 is the best option on the 360 version as well. The Brown helmets were one of the reasons I ended up buying the 360 version way back when.

I also hate to say this, and it sounds pretty stupid, and petty but it would be a big hurdle for me making the switch to playing the game on PC through a PS3 emulator as well...

I play exclusively as Notre Dame, and having to deal with brown helmets every time I played at night, inside, or in the rain would be a pretty big deal breaker...

Here's to hoping one of the guys looking into the mods can figure something out, though like I said. I think it's probably fixable, but I doubt it's a simple fix.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2020, 03:59 AM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metfanant
Yeah, Strategy 1 is the best option on the 360 version as well. The Brown helmets were one of the reasons I ended up buying the 360 version way back when.

I also hate to say this, and it sounds pretty stupid, and petty but it would be a big hurdle for me making the switch to playing the game on PC through a PS3 emulator as well...

I play exclusively as Notre Dame, and having to deal with brown helmets every time I played at night, inside, or in the rain would be a pretty big deal breaker...

Here's to hoping one of the guys looking into the mods can figure something out, though like I said. I think it's probably fixable, but I doubt it's a simple fix.

You can play with mods on an xbox or ps3 console too. It's not exclusive to pc. Looking into fixing lighting though on both systems
Old 05-30-2020, 04:30 AM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
If you do have to end up switching to PS3, you can easily move all your dynasty and other save files over to PS3 (or RPCS3) very easily. If either of you decide to go down that road just let me know and I'll help you out!
How is this done?
Old 05-30-2020, 11:26 AM   #48
MVP

speedy43's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRjr
Brilliant work except I can't have 2 files closely named the same open side by side in BF Hex ed.
I usually save a copy of my Dynasty save folder first, and after decrypting both USER-DATA files, then just add a 1 to the untouched copy "USER-DATA1"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »