Home

XXXX is annoying....

This is a discussion on XXXX is annoying.... within the NCAA Teambuilder Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2009, 04:57 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
XXXX is annoying....

Okay, so I sort of understand them doing this for obsene names and curse words (even though you get a WARNING about the content EVERY time you download rosters or a teambuilder team!!!).

But why is it that when I made myself for a team, with the first name Cody, they replaced it with XXXX. HOW THE HECK IS CODY A BAD WORD!? I've heard of this happening to other too, such as Dan Cody being renamed Dan XXXX. That is just ridiculous. Then, I had a O linemen with the last name Dasilva. And that got censored to! WTF!?

EA, for the love of god....fix this! I say just get rid of the cesoring totally, considering there is a warning, and if people are truely offended...just report it. Then EA can look at it, and make an EDUCATED descision to remove it or whatever.

Also, I have a question. Does anyone have a list of pre-recorded names for players and or teams? I was pleasantly surprised to hear my Teambuilder team's name announced. I want to make more with names that have been recorded.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2009, 05:16 PM   #2
Pro

huntt26's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: XXXX is annoying....

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenandnfl2k5
Okay, so I sort of understand them doing this for obsene names and curse words (even though you get a WARNING about the content EVERY time you download rosters or a teambuilder team!!!).

But why is it that when I made myself for a team, with the first name Cody, they replaced it with XXXX. HOW THE HECK IS CODY A BAD WORD!? I've heard of this happening to other too, such as Dan Cody being renamed Dan XXXX. That is just ridiculous. Then, I had a O linemen with the last name Dasilva. And that got censored to! WTF!?

EA, for the love of god....fix this! I say just get rid of the cesoring totally, considering there is a warning, and if people are truely offended...just report it. Then EA can look at it, and make an EDUCATED descision to remove it or whatever.

Also, I have a question. Does anyone have a list of pre-recorded names for players and or teams? I was pleasantly surprised to hear my Teambuilder team's name announced. I want to make more with names that have been recorded.

Amen!

I want to download my alma mater - Upper Iowa Peacocks !
Old 07-15-2009, 05:28 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 29

it's not EA it's MS
Old 07-15-2009, 05:34 PM   #4
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
it's not EA it's MS
I know that's the line EA is giving us, but I'm not buying it. If it was truly Microsoft's fault, why would it do the XXXX names when you allow the game to just generate names for you. It happens even then, not just on downloaded teams. Its a bug. Hopefully they see that and fix it.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:39 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 29

because microsoft has a filter and if it gets flagged by that filter you get the X. EA has a filter too, but if you're able to type the name in on the Team Builder site than you've passed EA's filter. it's not a bug and there's nothing EA can do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2009, 05:58 PM   #6
MVP

BoomerSooner11's Arena

OVR: 19

Plus if it's just the players name..you can change it...unless your anal about having that particular player his real name..The only thing Im worried about is if one of my teams TB stadium names gets the "XXX"..cause you can't change that in the game....but Im not downloading any of my teams till rosters are out.

Just be happy that it's your players and not the stadiums..
Old 07-15-2009, 09:43 PM   #7
Pro

Squeezee12's Arena

OVR: 14

I would think its on MS end... One of my teams stadiums (real team) name is Rosewood Bowl. It got the now famous XXXXX

Old 07-15-2009, 11:07 PM   #8
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Its definitely an MS issue since the censored names are available as random names in Teambuilder. I just got intercepted by Jared XXXXXXX... that XXXXXXX!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum »