Home

Why only 12 slots?

This is a discussion on Why only 12 slots? within the NCAA Teambuilder Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2009, 08:59 AM   #9
MVP

deucepoppi17's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Why only 12 slots?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOctober430
wait so for 9.99 at the psn store you can get 120 slots for teambuilder? i want that.
But u can only use 12 TB teams in dynasty if thats what interests u.....
Old 07-21-2009, 01:34 PM   #10
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagskerfan
I would love to be able to import at least 25 teams. I would really really love to replace all 120 teams and play a dynasty with only fcs teams (I'm an fcs football fan). The first football video game that lets me play an fcs dynasty will officially be the greatest football game I could ever ask for.
Yeah, but it was either this or custom logos. We decided to go with custom logos.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:39 PM   #11
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

FCS dynasty would be win. Old Man Thompson: Make it Happen!

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2009, 01:53 PM   #12
Rookie

twigstudios's Arena

OVR: 7

I am going with the 120 slots. I know it seems excessive to some but I am already have created 15 teams and I've downlowned 5 others gamer squads. And there were so many teams out there I wanted to represent and put on the field even if I just play with them in Play Now. Teambuilder is the ONLY reason I bought NCAA 10. Without it I seriously would have just kept playing 09.
Old 07-21-2009, 03:10 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
Yeah, but it was either this or custom logos. We decided to go with custom logos.
It really has to be one or the other? I am not an expert on game creating, I just figured technology would be a little more advanced than that.

Can we have 12 created teams with logos, then the other 13 to 108 created teams not have the logos on them, just the created unis and helmets with the correct colors. That way we could have all of our teams, but we wouldn't require any more logos. I think players would go with this. If you get a moment could you check into this for us? It would be like my birthday, Christmas, and my greatest day in my life all in 1!!!!

Thanks again for all of your responses man. You're the best!!
Old 07-21-2009, 03:47 PM   #14
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
It really has to be one or the other? I am not an expert on game creating, I just figured technology would be a little more advanced than that.

Can we have 12 created teams with logos, then the other 13 to 108 created teams not have the logos on them, just the created unis and helmets with the correct colors. That way we could have all of our teams, but we wouldn't require any more logos. I think players would go with this. If you get a moment could you check into this for us? It would be like my birthday, Christmas, and my greatest day in my life all in 1!!!!

Actually I would want it to be all or nothing. All the created teams have logos and look as accurate as possible or as we want them to be. Some with logos and many without would be lame IMO.
Old 07-21-2009, 04:21 PM   #15
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:

The game is expecting a logo though. You can't have a team without a logo or it would blow up .

We can have 120 teams in dynasty with logos that aren't created because we are reading those logos off the disk. If we were to pull the logos off the memory unit (in the case of created schools), it would take 3 seconds to load every time you navigate the UI and it has to display a different logo. There is no way that would get certified by Sony or MS.

What we do instead is load all 24 logos into memory and hold them there. Since memory is limited, we could only do 12 teams. Maybe if the next gen consoles were to give you the ability to write to the game disk (like old school nintendo carts), we could do it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2009, 05:31 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
The game is expecting a logo though. You can't have a team without a logo or it would blow up .

We can have 120 teams in dynasty with logos that aren't created because we are reading those logos off the disk. If we were to pull the logos off the memory unit (in the case of created schools), it would take 3 seconds to load every time you navigate the UI and it has to display a different logo. There is no way that would get certified by Sony or MS.

What we do instead is load all 24 logos into memory and hold them there. Since memory is limited, we could only do 12 teams. Maybe if the next gen consoles were to give you the ability to write to the game disk (like old school nintendo carts), we could do it.
Thanks again for all your answers! I promise these will be my last ones then I'll let this die.
Could the menu just be text based, so you wouldn't have to load a menu each time?
Could we just use the generic ea sports logo? My other question is, what if we were given the option to do it if we downloaded the game to our hard drive?
My last question is, for next year then, can all of those fcs logos that are online be on the disk next year? Or would that help?

What would it take for EA to make an FCS version of the game with playoffs at the end of the year instead of the bowls?

Thanks again for humoring all of my questions!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum »