Home

Quick Question about Team Name's

This is a discussion on Quick Question about Team Name's within the NCAA Teambuilder Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2009, 08:47 PM   #9
Rookie

CurryStorm's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Quick Question about Team Name's

Another question that the guys I'm going an online dynasty want to know. Do the following categories change at all during dynasty:

Academic Prestige
Campus Lifestyle
Athletic Facilities
Fan Base

I can see the Fan Base rating improving if you start winning; however, I just want to verify this as I didn't want to make my team a D fanbase, and even as I start winning, it never improves (i.e.: no more than 10,000 people ever attend my games). I don't see why Academic Prestige and Campus Lifestyle would improve just because the football team starts winning games. I'm on the fence about the Athletic Facilities: In reality, the more you win, the more money the school gets and the best facilities they'd be able to upgrade to. Does the game takes this into account or is whatever rating you give your team on teambuilder for this what you're stuck with forever?

Thanks to anyone who can help me with this.
Old 08-01-2009, 08:24 PM   #10
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurryStorm
I figured this was the case.

Thanks, Adam, for answering both questions. Just for the future, look into adding the team name "Rabid Owls" as it has been my "joke" team name with my friends. Well, it started off as a joke but I constantly use it so my friends expect me to create that team. I originally used the owl logo on the PS2, but my friends joked about an owl not being "nasty" enough, so I said, "this isn't just any owl, this is a rabid owl." Anyway, I know it'll probably never be added (and I can understand why) just thought I'd share a NCAA story.

Once again, thanks for the help.
Just create a team with that name. I'm going to do a DB query of all TeamBuilder teams and come up with a list of new names for next year based on what people have created that we don't have already.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:13 PM   #11
Rookie

firktaf's Arena

OVR: 7

Along the same lines of this topic, I had come across this really cool script graphic that just said "ghosts". I was really excited to try it out and it looked great on the helmet. Then I went to go check and see if ghosts was one of the names on the list of audio names. So, I search for ghosts and there's Galloping Ghosts, Grey Ghosts, and Purple Ghosts but there wasn't just a simple ghosts. So, I wasn't crazy about those and ended up scrapping that idea and went with something else.

So yeah, it wasn't a huge deal or anything but you'd think that, with those complex versions being available, the simplistic version would've been available as well.

NFL:
Jacksonville Jaguars
MLB:
St. Louis Cardinals
NBA:
Orlando Magic
NCAA: UCF Knights
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2009, 05:38 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
Just create a team with that name. I'm going to do a DB query of all TeamBuilder teams and come up with a list of new names for next year based on what people have created that we don't have already.
fascinating, ie cool- also, its amazing how many people used the name nightmare(s)
Old 08-02-2009, 08:07 PM   #13
Rookie

CurryStorm's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
Thanks for letting me know that; once again, really appreciate your time with my questions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum »