Home

Has anyone ever actually been promoted?

This is a discussion on Has anyone ever actually been promoted? within the NCAA Teambuilder Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2010, 04:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Has anyone ever actually been promoted?

As a teambuilder school in a mid-major/small conference, Has anyone actually ever gotten into a larger conference with their created team? I keep hearing "you have to do this" or "this is the senario" but nobody seems to have confirmed it to have happened to them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2010, 08:47 PM   #2
Rookie

UAB_Fan's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Has anyone ever actually been promoted?

I've done it in last year's, but I haven't played enough years in this one's dynasty to find out for sure.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:24 PM   #3
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

If by promoted, you meaning going from a 3 Star to a 4 Star, then yes, I did that in my 1st year with my created team (based off Baylor, and I replaced Baylor), but I was already in the Big 12 Conference, so I didn't receive a 'conference promotion', just a Star promotion.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:40 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

I was refering to getting an invite from a non-bcs conference into a bcs conference. Just for experimental purposes I simmed 6 season, am currently a 6 star school located in New York, and still remain in Conference USA.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:42 PM   #5
Pro

moblipeg's Arena

OVR: 6

anyone find this out yet? I started my team in the WAC and would eventually like to make my way to Pac-10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2010, 04:11 PM   #6
Rookie

falconfansince81's Arena

OVR: 3

great question i was wondering this myself. i, like a couple other guys started a teambuilder team based on my local college where i reside.

they were a C+ MAC team, nothing great but i wanted to build em up. i'm heading into by 3rd season...

1st season i went 10-2 and won the little caesers bowl. got a couple offers to coach at other schools like nebraska but decline.

2nd season i went 11-1 (best loss i ever had, buffalo came back from 13 with 2 minutes left, got an onside kick and won on a great catch) and got us ranked #17 after beating illinois in the las vegas bowl.

i did actually get a nice transfer request from a 4 star lb, my team as well went from a 3 star school to a 4. also got coach of the year award. thats all i've accomplished so far, and haven't even see the possibility of being switched to a different division. i think you just continue in your conference until you accept another coaching job :/
Old 08-17-2010, 04:31 PM   #7
Rookie

dubvcrazy's Arena

OVR: 6

I did it on NCAA 10 after 3 years as an independent and 7 years in the C-USA with my created school in Chrisitiansburg, VA (wanted to be a big rival with VTech). So after 10 seasons I got into the ACC.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:10 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

In my 5th season in the Sun Belt and no invite yet. Just lost the NC to Penn State, last year lost to Alabama in the Sugar Bowl. My records in each season so far have been 9-3, 11-1, 8-4, 12-1, 13-1. I just made it to 6 stars so we'll see if that makes a difference.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum »