Home

Georgia State Panthers (A Few ?'s)

This is a discussion on Georgia State Panthers (A Few ?'s) within the NCAA Teambuilder Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2010, 04:02 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Question Georgia State Panthers (A Few ?'s)

So I've really gotten into the whole startup of the Georgia State football team lately, and I think it's going to be really interesting to see if they can become another southern powerhouse (possibly the 4th in Georgia, if you include Georgia, Georgia Tech, and Georgia Southern) football program. Anyway...

I'm looking to create them on Teambuilder (I know there are versions out there already, and they all look pretty good, but I want to put my own little details and intricacies into the team before I get started with a dynasty with them), but I'm having a hell of a time finding the GSU logo that they're using on their helmets? So if anyone could get me that logo (in TB size, probably the secondary logo, right?) and the primary logo (the panther with Georgia State underneath), that would be awesome.

I know there are a couple high-profile transfers who will end up being starters for the Panthers in 2010, most notably Star Jackson (formerly of Alabama), so they should have a fighting chance to win a handful of games. I've seen all of the articles about the team and whatnot, but haven't heard anything about what kind of schemes they're going to be using offensively or defensively? From what I've read, the O-Coordinator was at GA-Tech prior to Paul Johnson's arrival, and was at Northern Illinois and Army prior to that. So really, I'm thinking either a pro-style or spread offense, leaning more towards the run than the pass? As far as defense, I know the D-Coordinator was at Ole Miss and South Carolina, so that doesn't really tell me a whole lot about their scheme. I'm thinking either a 4-3 (to be realistic) or maybe a 4-2-5 for something different (just personally). So if anyone's got any insight or any tips, let me know about that.

Finally, my biggest question is stadium-wise. I know they're going to start out playing in the Georgia Dome this season (and probably for a few years to come), but I'm finding myself not really wanting to use either of the Georgia Domes in the game (for the SEC Championship or Chic-Fil-A Peach Bowl) because I'll run into that 50-50 crowd issue. I suppose I could use the Carrier Dome or Superdome, but if anyone else has any other suggestions, that'd be great. Otherwise, I'll probably just mock up a fictitious stadium and call it a day.

Thanks for all of the help, guys! And I hope to hear some ideas in here!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2010, 09:03 PM   #2
Rookie

twigstudios's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Georgia State Panthers (A Few ?'s)

I have both logos (used for my GA State TB team PS3) that you may have to do some adjusting but how I would I get them to you?
Old 08-13-2010, 09:51 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Post them in a reply as attachments here. Thanks man.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:24 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hello,

As a GSU alumni and avid follower of the football program, I can help out on some of the details.

I also created a 2010-11 GSU Panthers TB team on NCAA 11 for PS3.

my PS3 account name is Cyras_sigma. Currently it is way overpowered, because we don't know what to expect from the new team.

But the roster and uniform are correct with names, weight, height and even depth chart order (plus or minus a few tweaks in game with PR,KR,backup positions 2nd and 3rd stringers on some positions)

I will continue to tweak as I go to the games and watch them.

Our Offense is a run-first kind of offense, but will spread the ball to playmakers when need be.

Offensive Line
Ben Jacoby is a highly touted C and our OL is actually better than most expect. With the Two Georgia Tech Transfers Clyde Yandell and Joseph Gilbert, and some surprising Freshmen that beat out Ladeven Kirkland to take the RG/RT spots.

Quarterbacks
QB is decided but it's a gametime reveal this Thursday. Its either Star Jackson or Drew Little

Runningbacks
Rosevelt Watson should have starting spot, but all 4 will split the load.

Wideouts
Best WR is Sydney Haynes. Danny Williams is our 2nd string. Keep an eye out for Albert Wilson, a speedy WR that will get some time as KR.

Tightends
Auburn Transfer TE Bailey Woods is third on depth chart. Ogbuehi is starting TE.

Our D is going to be 4-3 but will run some 3-4 situations. It is an attacking defense, not so much as blitzing all the time, but we force the offense to adapt to what we do.

Cornerbacks
Lots of speed from Fr CBs. D Matthews and Justin Hughes will start. D. Matthews also plays PR.

Linebackers
Hard hitting samoan Jake Muasau will start OLB along with Robert Ferguson. MLB Evan Bostic will be in on 4-3s. (our most talented group)

Safety
FS Brandon Jones and SS Fred Barnes will take the field as starters. Both are hard hitting.

(my FBs are wrong. There aren't any players specified as FBs.) Perhaps a hint that we will have single back formations more so than i formations.

There is a lot to be excited about and I will give you any info you request.
Check on the official website for roster, and depthchart is available on PDF program guide for our first game.

Last edited by PantherCJ; 08-31-2010 at 12:26 PM.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:51 PM   #5
Pro

Heyuimintojsus's Arena

OVR: 8

PantherCJ, what have you heard/know about LB Allen McKay. I covered him when he was in high school at Marion County, but he was a RB then and our off. player of the year in 2008.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum »