Home

NFL 2k at e3?

This is a discussion on NFL 2k at e3? within the NFL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2021, 12:59 PM   #17
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NFL 2k at e3?

I lose more and more hope everyday, that this will be the type of game I want to play. Feel like if it was something significant we woulda have gotten more info over the last year. The titles will probably be a superstar card game, NFL Battlegrounds(or whatever arcade name they want)
Old 04-13-2021, 01:31 PM   #18

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24

The announcements were for multiple non-simulation games. It's already been stated that they aren't madden competitors. I dunno what people are expecting.

We're gonna get NFL Playgrounds of some sort, we're gonna get NFL Supercard.
Old 04-19-2021, 11:08 PM   #19
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubernoob
The announcements were for multiple non-simulation games. It's already been stated that they aren't madden competitors. I dunno what people are expecting.

Any thought of a VR title, or has that already phased out?
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 04-20-2021, 08:01 PM   #20
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Any thought of a VR title, or has that already phased out?
I can't imagine VR has penetrated the market enough to get the return-on-investment for a licensed sports video game. VR is still very much an enthusiast sector of the video game market.

More damning, Take 2 Interactive CEO Strauss Zelnick commented in September 2020 that he's glad that the company "didn't waste any money on [VR]".
Old 08-04-2021, 05:35 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 0

I think everyone are waiting for this excitnigly
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2021, 02:38 PM   #22
Rookie

f1sh1000's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubernoob

Maybe it’s just me but I never thought of NFL 2k as a sim. It had wonderful presentation and graphics at that time, but what made it fun was mashing the speed burst button and spin moving 35 guys on my way to my 3rd 90 yard touchdown of the game haha.

It had beautiful mechanics and real to life presentation, but gameplay wise, that was as arcade as it gets. It had great physics, but I’d throw for 500 yards a game and break the single season sack record each game…regularly. Sure you can adjust the sliders but you can do that with any game. The game, as was out of the box, I mean, I could rush for 200 yards a game with Vinny Testeverde lol. That’s not exactly a sim.

What made the series so great was that it had just enough realistic mechanics thrown into a fun, arcade style gameplay, similar to NFL Gameday. Madden is a sim and has always been, that’s why it’s so boring.

Last edited by f1sh1000; 08-08-2021 at 02:56 PM.
Old 08-08-2021, 04:08 PM   #23
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1sh1000
Sure you can adjust the sliders but you can do that with any game.
... Therefore no game is sim?

You can’t just ignore the sliders aspect. Admittedly this game has woes that 2K4 and 2K8 did better (and returns have always been broken), but this game is sim.

Even if it isn’t in your eyes, it is in EA’s verbiage, and unfortunately that’s enough.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 08-08-2021, 04:45 PM   #24
Rookie

f1sh1000's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
... Therefore no game is sim?

You can’t just ignore the sliders aspect. Admittedly this game has woes that 2K4 and 2K8 did better (and returns have always been broken), but this game is sim.

Even if it isn’t in your eyes, it is in EA’s verbiage, and unfortunately that’s enough.
Depends how it comes out of the box, you can adjust Madden to be an arcade game but it’s not intended to be. Opposite goes for 2k. Out of the box, it’s a game where you can scramble with any QB in the league for 100 yard games. Same was the case with NFL Gameday. Anything can be adjusted to whatever you’d like, that’s like mild in game hacking…but the game is more arcade than sim out of the box.

The sliders don’t make the game a sim, they make an arcade game play more like a sim. Sliders are like hacks, it’s not the true game as 2k intended. But if that IS the case, than 2k should just put out an arcade game with sliders that we can adjust to be a sim. Problem solved

EA’s verbiage can be contested in court. ( no I don’t think 2k should do that) but If EA said it was a soccer game that doesn’t make it true. I have played the 2k franchise since day 1 and I still play to this day. It’s as arcade as it gets, it’s just got great realistic presentation & at times gameplay mechanics. But throwing for 500 yard games, Rushing for 300 yard games, even with QB’s, being able to sack the QB at will and spin move 15 guys in a single run every play is not a sim. That’s how 2k plays out of the box

As somebody who enjoyed the hell out of the NFL Gameday series, I enjoy games like that. I don’t want hyper realism but I also don’t want super fake stuff like Blitz. 2k was a perfect middle ground

You can LITERALLY charge up your spin moves between tacklers….cmon now.

Last edited by f1sh1000; 08-08-2021 at 05:13 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »