Home

Reversed sliders

This is a discussion on Reversed sliders within the NFL Head Coach Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach > NFL Head Coach Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2008, 09:47 PM   #17
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Reversed sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgustusM
How well your talent, practice, play calling, etc should determine if you are on the high end of that scale (5.3) or low end (3.1)

It would be no different if the running game was too good and the results ranged from 10 yards a carry to 20.
Right on.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:48 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 7

I usually range from 3.3 - 5.2 supersimming. With the occasional game of ~2.0 and ~6.0. Rushing stats seems realistic to me, but there are usually too many carries inflating yardage. Usually get like 35 carries and 25 passes.
Old 08-30-2008, 01:11 AM   #19
TCF
Rookie

OVR: 7

this game i don't think is based on sliders. im playing human 0 and cpu at default and i am putting up some realistic numbers. if i remember to copy them i will.

this game comes down to you, your coaching staff, and the players. it isn't about sliders its about how well you and your staff can get these plays learned.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:40 AM   #20
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Sliders work, I just don't know how. I've proven that to myself over and over. It's most obvious in the kicking game.

My latest theory, and I'm about 90% sure on this one because it fits with all the causes of my two previous thoughts.

My first theory was that the Human sliders worked backwards... 100=0 and 0=100.

My second theory was that the sliders were backwards... ie CPU = User and User = CPU.

My third theory makes sense under both possibilities because I came to those conclusions under testing that had the human and computer sliders opposite one another... in other words, when I had user sliders maxed, I had CPU sliders minimized.

I just finished a game in which Trent Green (me) finished with a 38.6 rating and Tom Brady finished with a 67.9 rating. This is a HUGE departure from the 115-140 ratings I've been getting.

Here's the current theory, and I'm pretty sure it'll become law once I've tested it further, because this is the biggest swing I've had so far...

THEORY: Both teams are CPU teams!!! That's right, the User sliders are completely inoperative because there IS NO HUMAN TEAM! Only CPU sliders work. And, well, this makes sense. There's no stick skills to worry about, why do the teams need differing sliders?

Give this a shot... set the CPU sliders to the following. This should result in mostly low scoring games, with the occasional game differing as the engine is built to produce wildly varying results. One game is never enough to test this game, so I wanna get as many results as humanly possible... if YOU have a 400 yard game, don't assume the theory's dead wrong... post your results and let me compile them.

QBA- 10
PBK- 10
WRC- 10
RBA- 60
RBK- 60

AWR- 80
KND- 80
INT- 60
BRB- 25
TAK- 15

FGP- 65
FGA- 50
PPW- 50
PAC- 50
KOL- 40

Leave user at default, or whatever the hell it's already at, doesn't matter, just set the CPU sliders and try it out. Get back to me with your results.

If you're worried, hey, what have you got to lose?

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:23 PM   #21
49ers

adembroski's Arena

Just wanna bump this, hoping someone helps out.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2008, 10:45 PM   #22
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski

Give this a shot... set the CPU sliders to the following. This should result in mostly low scoring games, with the occasional game differing as the engine is built to produce wildly varying results. One game is never enough to test this game, so I wanna get as many results as humanly possible... if YOU have a 400 yard game, don't assume the theory's dead wrong... post your results and let me compile them.

QBA- 10
PBK- 10
WRC- 10
RBA- 60
RBK- 60

AWR- 80
KND- 80
INT- 60
BRB- 25
TAK- 15

FGP- 65
FGA- 50
PPW- 50
PAC- 50
KOL- 40

Leave user at default, or whatever the hell it's already at, doesn't matter, just set the CPU sliders and try it out. Get back to me with your results.
Thanks for the effort...I'll try these out when I get home from work.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:27 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 3

I played a full season with user at 100 and CPU at 0 and had some really different results. I had my OC and DC call the plays, both with high play calling stats.

The CPU teams were way too good. Every QB looked like Peyton. They had much more time to throw and about 87-98% completions.

My team couldn't move the ball to save their lives. My YPC actual dropped to less than a yard, and that's with a great O-line and two backs with great talet (Sweetney and Rice).
Old 09-14-2008, 11:33 PM   #24
49ers

adembroski's Arena

I'm actually changing this process a bit. I'm testing things a little bit differently.

-Mark Twain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach > NFL Head Coach Sliders »