Home

Goody's sliders (fixed)

This is a discussion on Goody's sliders (fixed) within the NFL Head Coach Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach > NFL Head Coach Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2015, 07:44 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Goody's sliders (fixed)

This is what I ended with. He had a couple sliders that didnt get fixed because he was banned, couldnt edit the post. Any questions on these sliders just post here and I'll try to explain why the slider is where.

25 pass acc 50 pass block 25 catch 50 rb ability 75 run blocking
50 aware 25 knockdown 25 interceptions 75 block shed 25 tackle
100 fg p 75 fg a 75 punt power 100 punt a 50 ko power
Every penalty at 100 except clipping, holding, facemask, and defensive pi at 50.

Knockdowns, interceptions, catching and pass accuracy are all 25 for good reason. If they arent, 1) the wrs go over 2000 yards/qbs over 5500yds and 2) the dbs(and some lbs) get way too many interceptions. No defender has had more than 10 interceptions in one season since 1981. Go check any other sliders, sim an entire season, tell me how many people get over 10? And then tell me how many get 4 int for tds(ONLY 3 PEOPLE HAVE DONE THIS IN A SINGLE SEASON). I'll be waiting over here having done the research and experiments already.

If the cost for more realistic stats on those categories is more drops and errand throws than normal(marginally though), Thats the cost of doing business. But Good qbs, with good wrs, and good coaches at qb & wr will still put up elite numbers. By good I mean a 4 out of 5 or better, and you need that on 2 different coaches. So yeah, it helps to have a 4 wr coach, and 4 qb coach, but now you also need either your hc or the oc to be good at wr and qb or combined your coaches need to make 2 of 3 coaches at the position a 4 or better to put up all pro numbers. Guess what, thats real life. A talented player can get stuck in the mud under ****ty coaches and an average player can become an alltime great under the best of the best.

Last edited by Vtownwaves; 04-01-2015 at 07:47 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2015, 09:17 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: Goody's sliders (fixed)

It's just my two cents, but lowering QBA will lead to more interceptions. I find that having Defensive Awareness at 50 is sufficient to contain the user offense and have more competitive games.

As for Break Block, would be interested in why you have it at 75, and not leave it at 50. It's one of those sliders I find is generally best to leave at default.
Old 04-12-2015, 10:02 PM   #3
Banned

Id be more than happy to show you the season stats so far 9 games in. Interceptions for qbs are based on several things. But these sliders are more to curtail interceptions on defense(ie per player), not offense. However, great qbs, with great wrs and great coaches and mastered play calling... dont throw interceptions often. Peyton manning has like 15 tds and 2 interceptions. Eli has 19 td and 5 ints or something. I'll take pics and post em. when I turn the game on next.

Meanwhile, a terrible quarterback in a pass happy system like rex grossman being traded to the 49ers in mike martz system, or even a mediocre qb like vince young(excluding his elite athleticism), with a terrible coaching staff(bears), garbage wrs core, middling oline, and refusing to use mastered plays will generate a TON OF INTERCEPTIONS. It depends on a lot of things, not just 25 accuracy. Or the 25 catching, or the 25 interceptions or knockdowns. They all work together., with the rest of the game

But 25 accuracy GUARANTEED drops qbs from breaking the passing records every year and going 60tds or what not. 25 catching stops wrs from breaking 2000 yard seasons and 160 receptions. It causes drops to go up a little but go look at the team's stats and see how much that player is targeted more than his teammates, the qb is forcing it in bad spots causing drops. thats realistic. Break block at 75 counter balances the run block at 75 and boosts sacks a little. The first year of a career will always be the weakest stats but once the players become familiar with their playbooks, the game gets freakishly accurate.

But please understand that these sliders have LITERALLY been tested over 60+ seasons by the dude who updated the duntov coach ratings excel sheet. Making slight adjustments the further they got. They're based on the simple idea of cutting whats too much and improving whats too little in common increments. It took years to get here, and they werent changed game by game, but season by season.

Almost every stat comes in as perfectly as you could get. And if one isnt for someone, look at that team, and its coaches and its schedule, injuries, everything to figure out if it was an anomaly or something the sliders need to be tweaked for. They were created to be as realistic as possible, based on records. Go look up all the stuff algoody posted on the history of the game statistically. Then sim a season(or better yet play one) on his sliders. Look at the tops and realize they fall into realistic numbers. No one returns 4+ interceptions for tds anymore.

I cant possibly begin to explain everything thats been factored into these sliders. not without taking up the pages he did...
Old 05-24-2016, 05:41 PM   #4
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

Are these slider numbers the same for both user and CPU?

Reed is comin' atcha!!

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Old 05-24-2016, 10:03 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed1417
Are these slider numbers the same for both user and CPU?

Reed is comin' atcha!!

Yes they are!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2016, 10:05 PM   #6
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

Great! Just picked this game up again today. Took over the Vikes and looking forward to building Tavaris Jackson into a decent QB.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Old 10-28-2016, 11:30 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 8

I'm going to give these a go. Just fired up the game again and I'm pumped.
Old 12-06-2016, 09:06 AM   #8
Just started!

corndog1993's Arena

Are these for playing, supersim, or just simming?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach > NFL Head Coach Sliders »