Home

NFL HC 09 - 2023 PS3 Roster Update

This is a discussion on NFL HC 09 - 2023 PS3 Roster Update within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2024, 12:23 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
NFL HC 09 - 2023 PS3 Roster Update

I have finished my 2023 season roster update for NFL HC 09 on the PS3. Before I get into more of the information for this year's release, I wanted to address the future of this project. This is my fourth roster update that I have released for this game and am thankful for all of the support that this project has received over the years.

Unlike last year, this one will actually be my last roster update that I will be releasing. The last couple of years of work have been insanely busy and it does not appear to be slowing down any time soon. This roster update easily takes hundreds of hours to do each year, so I just don't think I will have the time to devote to this project in future seasons without neglecting responsibilities for my family or my job. As you can see, it took until week 18 of this season for me to get this year's roster update done, so I barely got it done in time!

With that being said, I am so happy that I have gotten to do this project for 4 separate seasons now. As a kid, I remember constantly searching to try to find roster updates for this incredible game. I am very happy and proud of these rosters and that I have gotten to work on these to help this game live on for even longer and hopefully bring some joy to other people's lives through this incredible game.

Now that I have gotten that out of the way, let's get into the information about the roster. I have gone through and found the closest 2008 player (portrait and skill wise) and replaced them with the current player that most resembles them. I have done this for every team’s starters (offense and defense) and basically at least all players 75 overall and up according to Madden 24 ratings. I have gone through and edited ratings so that they are as close as possible to Madden 24 ratings. Some players will have a slightly higher rating compared to their Madden 24 rating while others will be slightly lower. This is due to the two games having different skills that go into overall ratings. Overall though, it should average out to about the same across the NFL.

Each team should have at least 45 players and I believe the highest is 58 players on a team as I have included some players on practice squads. There are also about 130+ unsigned free agents that have been a part of the previous roster editions that are free agents in this roster update. If you are wanting any of these players on your team in your career, you will need to sign them to your team before starting your career. Once you start your career, these players get automatically assigned to teams in the preseason.

I have gone through and changed all the Head Coaches, coordinators, and position coaches to be accurate for every team. I have changed HC defensive playbooks to match the base defense and made all coaches have strong/very strong playbooks if they did not have their own playbook in the initial game. I have updated defensive schemes to be accurate (4-3 vs 3-4). I have also updated offensive schemes for every team in order to give an accurate run/pass ratio and stats for every offensive team. I have probably done over 100 test sims to try to get the most accurate stats as possible compared to real life 2023 stats for each team. While there are limitations of comparing stats from 2008 to 2023 in the NFL, I have gotten each team as close as possible to the actual 2023 stats of the team.

Make sure to follow the instructions laid out later on in this post for how to transfer to your PS3. However, please let me know if you have any issues playing with the roster and I can try to help troubleshoot it. I have gone through and simmed 100+ seasons previously and had no issues, but you never know what could happen when transferring consoles. Also, I have already reordered the depth charts, but I would still consider reordering the depth chart before starting to avoid any potential freezing issues from transferring and unzipping the file.

Overall, I hope that you enjoy this roster. I have been working on this project since free agency started in March of 2020 as I wanted to have Tom Brady throw to Mike Evans and Chris Godwin (Diehard Bucs fan here). From there I kept adding more and more players and eventually decided to do the entire NFL. I have edited thousands of players and spent countless hours working on this over the last two and a half years and am very proud of the result.

As another note, I have changed Washington back to the "Redskins" as if they are named anything besides the "Redskins" the game will freeze if you try to play a game at Washington. The background of the city also does not show up if the team name is anything else and is just a black screen so I wanted anyone to be able to play a game as/against Washington.

Note: You MUST have a base NFL HC 09 roster loaded on the main menu (or one that you know will work in career) when you start the career. Choose existing/new HC (whichever you’re are wanting to do) and load the 2023 roster when you start from the preseason. If you have the 2023 roster loaded from the main menu before starting your career, the career will freeze and not start. You WILL NOT be able to use this roster in play now.

Steps to load onto PS3:
1. Create a folder on your flash drive called “PS3”

2. Create a subfolder called “SAVEDATA”

3. Unzip the roster file into the “SAVEDATA” folder

4. Plug the flash drive into your PS3

5. Go to the save data and copy the roster from your flash drive

6. Enjoy

For a YouTube tutorial of how to do the PS3 portion of these steps, I have created a video at the following link: https://youtu.be/nkxjrXp3vaM?si=gK5JGOfoOPKGRqjV

I am charging $10 for the roster. I have easily put hundreds of hours of work in as well as hundreds of hours of wear and tear on my PS3 and laptop (both of which are getting up there in age) to edit and perform test sims on these to get the most accurate and realistic rosters possible. I even fried my laptop battery to make these and my laptop is so old that they don't even make replacement batteries for it anymore!

For the $10, you get the 2023 roster with updated players and portraits.

If you are interested in the roster, please message me here and email me and send money via PayPal to [email protected] and I will get you the roster. I appreciate the support!

Here are the final test sim results:
https://youtu.be/-NI4mZlE8Gs

Last edited by Tampafan11; 02-10-2024 at 03:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2024, 12:37 PM   #2
Worst Gamer Ever

timisone's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NFL HC 09 - 2023 PS3 Roster Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampafan11
I have finished my 2023 season roster update for NFL HC 09 on the PS3. Before I get into more of the information for this year's release, I wanted to address the future of this project. This is my fourth roster update that I have released for this game and am thankful for all of the support that this project has received over the years.

Unlike last year, this one will actually be my last roster update that I will be releasing. The last couple of years of work have been insanely busy and it does not appear to be slowing down any time soon. This roster update easily takes hundreds of hours to do each year, so I just don't think I will have the time to devote to this project in future seasons without neglecting responsibilities for my family or my job. As you can see, it took until week 18 of this season for me to get this year's roster update done, so I barely got it done in time!

With that being said, I am so happy that I have gotten to do this project for 4 separate seasons now. As a kid, I remember constantly searching to try to find roster updates for this incredible game. I am very happy and proud of these rosters and that I have gotten to work on these to help this game live on for even longer and hopefully bring some joy to other people's lives through this incredible game.

Now that I have gotten that out of the way, let's get into the information about the roster. I have gone through and found the closest 2008 player (portrait and skill wise) and replaced them with the current player that most resembles them. I have done this for every team’s starters (offense and defense) and basically at least all players 75 overall and up according to Madden 24 ratings. I have gone through and edited ratings so that they are as close as possible to Madden 24 ratings. Some players will have a slightly higher rating compared to their Madden 24 rating while others will be slightly lower. This is due to the two games having different skills that go into overall ratings. Overall though, it should average out to about the same across the NFL.

Each team should have at least 45 players and I believe the highest is 58 players on a team as I have included some players on practice squads. There are also about 130+ unsigned free agents that have been a part of the previous roster editions that are free agents in this roster update. If you are wanting any of these players on your team in your career, you will need to sign them to your team before starting your career. Once you start your career, these players get automatically assigned to teams in the preseason.

I have gone through and changed all the Head Coaches, coordinators, and position coaches to be accurate for every team. I have changed HC defensive playbooks to match the base defense and made all coaches have strong/very strong playbooks if they did not have their own playbook in the initial game. I have updated defensive schemes to be accurate (4-3 vs 3-4). I have also updated offensive schemes for every team in order to give an accurate run/pass ratio and stats for every offensive team. I have probably done over 100 test sims to try to get the most accurate stats as possible compared to real life 2023 stats for each team. While there are limitations of comparing stats from 2008 to 2023 in the NFL, I have gotten each team as close as possible to the actual 2023 stats of the team.

Make sure to follow the instructions laid out later on in this post for how to transfer to your PS3. However, please let me know if you have any issues playing with the roster and I can try to help troubleshoot it. I have gone through and simmed 100+ seasons previously and had no issues, but you never know what could happen when transferring consoles. Also, I have already reordered the depth charts, but I would still consider reordering the depth chart before starting to avoid any potential freezing issues from transferring and unzipping the file.

Overall, I hope that you enjoy this roster. I have been working on this project since free agency started in March of 2020 as I wanted to have Tom Brady throw to Mike Evans and Chris Godwin (Diehard Bucs fan here). From there I kept adding more and more players and eventually decided to do the entire NFL. I have edited thousands of players and spent countless hours working on this over the last two and a half years and am very proud of the result.

As another note, I have changed Washington back to the "Redskins" as if they are named anything besides the "Redskins" the game will freeze if you try to play a game at Washington. The background of the city also does not show up if the team name is anything else and is just a black screen so I wanted anyone to be able to play a game as/against Washington.

Note: You MUST have a base NFL HC 09 roster loaded on the main menu (or one that you know will work in career) when you start the career. Choose existing/new HC (whichever you’re are wanting to do) and load the 2023 roster when you start from the preseason. If you have the 2023 roster loaded from the main menu before starting your career, the career will freeze and not start. You WILL NOT be able to use this roster in play now.

Steps to load onto PS3:
1. Create a folder on your flash drive called “PS3”

2. Create a subfolder called “SAVEDATA”

3. Unzip the roster file into the “SAVEDATA” folder

4. Plug the flash drive into your PS3

5. Go to the save data and copy the roster from your flash drive

6. Enjoy

For a YouTube tutorial of how to do the PS3 portion of these steps, I have created a video at the following link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkxj...ature=youtu.be

I am charging $10 for the roster. I have easily put hundreds of hours of work in as well as hundreds of hours of wear and tear on my PS3 and laptop (both of which are getting up there in age) to edit and perform test sims on these to get the most accurate and realistic rosters possible. I even fried my laptop battery to make these and my laptop is so old that they don't even make replacement batteries for it anymore!

For the $10, you get the 2023 roster with updated players and portraits.

If you are interested in the roster, please message me here and email me and send money via PayPal to [email protected] and I will get you the roster. I appreciate the support!

Here are the final test sim results:
https://youtu.be/-NI4mZlE8Gs
Before I buy. Do these work with RPCS3?
Old 01-10-2024, 09:07 PM   #3
Just started!

Charging money for something so niche is silly. Good luck making maybe $20.
Old 01-11-2024, 11:27 AM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by timisone
Before I buy. Do these work with RPCS3?
There is a way to convert to RPCS3 but I’m am not an expert on it since I use the PS3. I know there are some YouTube videos on how to convert though.
Old 01-11-2024, 11:35 AM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by trelemar
Charging money for something so niche is silly. Good luck making maybe $20.
Charging money for the rosters is the only way I’ve been able to justify spending so much time on making these over the last 4 years. Even at $10 I’m coming out way behind in the deal but I have been able to help a lot of people continue to enjoy such a great game. Sorry you think that, but all of the people that have purchased the roster and have enjoyed it would say otherwise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2024, 08:53 AM   #6
Worst Gamer Ever

timisone's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampafan11
There is a way to convert to RPCS3 but I’m am not an expert on it since I use the PS3. I know there are some YouTube videos on how to convert though.
Hey I sent your 10$ through paypal. Thank you!
Old 01-12-2024, 01:51 PM   #7
Just started!

Sent you the money on PayPal. Thanks for doing these.
Old 01-12-2024, 04:38 PM   #8
Rookie

Just sent $10 via paypal. Thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »