Home

(NFL Head Coach) Will the 2006 Draft play out like it does IRL??

This is a discussion on (NFL Head Coach) Will the 2006 Draft play out like it does IRL?? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2006, 11:47 AM   #1
Banned

LSUFan2004's Arena

OVR: 7
(NFL Head Coach) Will the 2006 Draft play out like it does IRL??

I.E. say i take over the Lions, will the first 8 picks in the 2006 Draft play out like they really did? I wouldnt be too excited to see Vernon Davis go to the Raiders for example. I realize that things will change if you take a player that was originally picked by someone else, but I really hope the AI at least TRIES to put the players on the right teams.

Last edited by LSUFan2004; 04-30-2006 at 12:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2006, 12:31 PM   #2
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: (NFL Head Coach) Will the 2006 Draft play out like it does IRL??

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUFan2004
I.E. say i take over the Lions, will the first 8 picks in the 2006 Draft play out like they really did? I wouldnt be too excited to see Vernon Davis go to the Raiders for example. I realize that things will change if you take a player that was originally picked by someone else, but I really hope the AI at least TRIES to put the players on the right teams.
There's no way they can program AI to do exactly what the real life teams will do. The only way to do it would be to have the game logged into a Live database and pull "what to do" off that BUT THEN you have to have your season end exactly like the real season to get the same order of picks etc. So with all that you might as well just not play a game and stick to watching the real thing.
Old 04-30-2006, 12:35 PM   #3
Banned

LSUFan2004's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
There's no way they can program AI to do exactly what the real life teams will do. The only way to do it would be to have the game logged into a Live database and pull "what to do" off that BUT THEN you have to have your season end exactly like the real season to get the same order of picks etc. So with all that you might as well just not play a game and stick to watching the real thing.
I'm just talking about the 2006 draft, the game starts with the 2006 offseason right after Super Bowl XL, so the draft order is already set, and they 2006 draft class is in the game, I dont think it is too much to ask for the Texans to pick Mario, Saints to pick Bush, ect...at least for the early part of the draft. Again I understand that if I change the order as the user by picking someone that wasn't really picked by that team (Again say I am the Lions and say I take Leinart) then all bets are off and things will change because of that.

Last edited by LSUFan2004; 04-30-2006 at 12:38 PM.
Old 04-30-2006, 12:37 PM   #4
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
I believe this is how it worked in Madden's Superstar mode or whatever it was called.

I'd like to see it as an option. Draft as the real teams did ala superstar mode, or have it wide open.
Old 04-30-2006, 12:40 PM   #5
Banned

LSUFan2004's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I believe this is how it worked in Madden's Superstar mode or whatever it was called.

I'd like to see it as an option. Draft as the real teams did ala superstar mode, or have it wide open.
yeah thats right Madden did have it....I just think it would help the realism a lot for at least the big name rookies to be on the teams that picked them barring user changes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2006, 01:01 PM   #6
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
I'm just talking about the 2006 draft, the game starts with the 2006 offseason right after Super Bowl XL, so the draft order is already set, and they 2006 draft class is in the game, I dont think it is too much to ask for the Texans to pick Mario, Saints to pick Bush, ect...at least for the early part of the draft. Again I understand that if I change the order as the user by picking someone that wasn't really picked by that team (Again say I am the Lions and say I take Leinart) then all bets are off and things will change because of that.
Well that's a nice idea in theory but the free agency in the game will be totally different. Remember it's right after the Super Bowl so Culpepper is still with the Vikes, T.O. is still stuck in Philly, Brees is still the man in SD and Moulds is still in Buffalo.

It would take a herculean effort to get things to fall exactly the same way it did in real life before the draft unless there's a roster update for those that want it.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 04-30-2006, 02:35 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

I think the default rosters will be as accurate as possible with this game. It's not released until mid June. Of course there will be cuts and all that, but they'll probably have roster downloads.
Old 04-30-2006, 04:24 PM   #8
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Well I think I found the definitive answers to this via the Madden Nation boards

Quote:
MN:Since career mode starts right after the Super Bowl, will rosters be set to what they were at that time? If so, will computer controlled teams try and make some of the same deals that happened this off-season or will it be as if these moves never happened?

JS:Yes, NFL team rosters in the Career mode will be consistent to NFL rosters as of February 2006. The default roster file included with Coach Now experience will include some of the off season roster changes that happened after Super Bowl XL.

MN:How about online rosters? Will those be post Super Bowl time period rosters or updated rosters from this coming NFL season?

JS:Online rosters will be the updated rosters for the coming NFL season.
Hope that helps a little.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »