Home
Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 04:25 PM   #1
Pro

Rau71's Arena

OVR: 8
PS2 Version

I haven't seen anything for the PS2 version of this game, and since its not BC with the 360 I will have to get the ps2 version of the game, anybody else going to get the ps2 version also?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2006, 04:30 PM   #2
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: PS2 Version

i'll most likely be getting the PS2 version maybe today or near the end of the week.

BTW I don't know why ppl are complaining about the load times. I've seen the vids on maddenmania and the load times aren't THAT bad.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 06-21-2006, 04:32 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rau71
I haven't seen anything for the PS2 version of this game, and since its not BC with the 360 I will have to get the ps2 version of the game, anybody else going to get the ps2 version also?
I am, but I likely won't have it until tomorrow or Friday (online order with free shipping). According to UPS tracking it just arrived in my home state, so I'm guessing tomorrow will be the day.

If by some chance I have it before other PS2'ers do, I'll be happy to provide impressions.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:25 PM   #4
Rookie

Stumpy Santo's Arena

OVR: 4

I purchased the PS2 version, mainly because my PC is old. Hope to post some impressions later.
Old 06-21-2006, 06:41 PM   #5
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

I'm still on the fence on this one.

If by the end of the week I am convinced its worth it (or bored) I'll get it for the PS2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2006, 09:16 PM   #6
Video Game Dev

Spear's Arena

OVR: 19

I'll be getting it on the PS2 soon, I'm on the fence on getting the USB Headset as well.

Join our Discord to learn more - https://discord.gg/v8aFWkmYMT!

http://www.varsityvideogame.com
https://www.spearinteractive.com
Old 06-22-2006, 06:51 AM   #7
lav
Rookie

OVR: 4

I got the PS2 version. I played through the off season and I'm about to start training camp.

The load times are just like any other PS2 game...except they are more frequent. You have multiple tasks to complete every day. There is a wait for loading between every task. You have multiple days in a week...once again more load time. It just seems like every time you turn around the game is loading again.

I made a couple of adjustments to help speed things up. First, turn off autosave. Otherwise you'll be waiting for all of the load times and autosaves. Second, any time you can skip pointless "office hour" tasks, due so. If you sim past some things it speeds it up as well.

Like I said, I made it up to the first day of training camp. I feel like I worked quickly and understood the interface. It took me just under 4 hours of game time. It was frustrating at first, but then I remembered that this is "Head Coach." So, most of the game will be consumed with the details of coaching. It feels like The Sims put out an NFL coaching game.

It took me awhile, but once I realized this isn't a typical football game, I began to enjoy it. Now I can't stop thinking about how I'll adjust my playbook to accomodate my first round pick, Vince Young.
Old 06-22-2006, 07:08 AM   #8
Pro

xfactor9600's Arena

OVR: 9

Agree with everything above. If they make another game... let me actually do something in office hours besides just stare at my computer.

-Byron Larkn-
During Xavier's Defeat of #1 St. Joe's in the 2004 A-10 Tournament.

Hawkeye Hideout!
Xavier Hoops!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »