Home

**NFL Head Coach 09 Developer Q&A Thread**

This is a discussion on **NFL Head Coach 09 Developer Q&A Thread** within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2011, 04:15 AM   #873
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: **NFL Head Coach 09 Developer Q&A Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelysk
Are the developers still here? OK so I have a small issue with the player personnel for certain formations. Let me take the Ravens as a main example. They run both the 3-4 and the 4-3 formations but the thing that bothers me is that for the 4-3 the game doesn't use the actual personnel that Ravens use. In the game they have Suggs and Johnson at OLD with Ray Lewis as MLB and have Pryce and Ngata at DE with Gregg and Bannan at DT. In real life they move Ngata inside to DT (he is 6-4 345 lbs!!!!) and Suggs slides to LDE (taking Ngata's spot) and than Bart Scott moves to OLB taking Suggs spot. The Ravens actually come out of the 3-4 and Ray Lewis has the authority to change the formation from a 3-4 to the 4-3 on the spot (they already have the right personnel on the field). So this always sort of bothered me, knowing that when I use the 4-3 with the Ravens I don't actually have the best personnel on the field. But its not just them. For example on Passing Downs (3rd, 4th and long) the Cowboys move D-Ware to DE (the Chagers do the same with Merriman) and both the Patriots and Chargers remove Wilfork and Williams from NT on passing downs as well and put in a 4 DL look with one of their OLB usually lining up at DE.
Yep, I've brought up the same issue. There should be a depth chart for each formation.
Old 01-18-2021, 01:50 AM   #874
Rookie

TheButter's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: **NFL Head Coach 09 Developer Q&A Thread**

Bump for exposure.

CPU teams stole your successful plays in your playbook and added them to their playbooks. That feature met with college playbooks from incoming college coaches and user created plays birthed a new meta evolution for playcallers across the NFL.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »