Home

Release Head Coach Early!!!!

This is a discussion on Release Head Coach Early!!!! within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2008, 01:59 AM   #17
Pro

Step2001's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Release Head Coach Early!!!!

Just repeating what I was told by the manager of the gamestop store I called.

Yeah, I know that Corporate will not dish out $59.99 for an plastic sealed Madden. That I just purchased in the CE.

As far as I know both games will be in their own respective case. We'll see on this. I'm going off on what I heard, though I have never purchased a CE pkg.
You may be right!

I've kicked the idea around about purchasing the CE and then dumping Madden on Ebay!

My stance was not to purchase Madden based on being ripped off the last two years.
Purchasing Madden and dumping the game on ebay. Still gives EA a ring up of a purchased Madden.

Another other option is too pick HC off of Ebay when CE buyers put the game up on the auction block.

I'm sliding towards waiting for Sept and getting Head Coach as a stand alone.
Old 07-29-2008, 02:47 AM   #18
Buddha

ahunter5's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Step2001
Just repeating what I was told by the manager of the gamestop store I called.

Yeah, I know that Corporate will not dish out $59.99 for an plastic sealed Madden. That I just purchased in the CE.

As far as I know both games will be in their own respective case. We'll see on this. I'm going off on what I heard, though I have never purchased a CE pkg.
You may be right!

I've kicked the idea around about purchasing the CE and then dumping Madden on Ebay!

My stance was not to purchase Madden based on being ripped off the last two years.
Purchasing Madden and dumping the game on ebay. Still gives EA a ring up of a purchased Madden.

Another other option is too pick HC off of Ebay when CE buyers put the game up on the auction block.

I'm sliding towards waiting for Sept and getting Head Coach as a stand alone.
Why not make a deal with another customer at your local Gamestop? Find someone who is buying the regular $60 edition, and offer him $5 to buy the CE. You end up paying $35 for HC and all the extra goodies, and he gets Madden for $5 off the regular price. It's a win-win.

Just a thought.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:00 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahunter5
Why not make a deal with another customer at your local Gamestop? Find someone who is buying the regular $60 edition, and offer him $5 to buy the CE. You end up paying $35 for HC and all the extra goodies, and he gets Madden for $5 off the regular price. It's a win-win.

Just a thought.
Yeah I have talked to a few of my friends who are buying Madden anyway and told them to get the CE and I would pay them 35 for head coach. They end up paying 5$ less for Madden and I get Head Coach early without paying for Madden.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:40 AM   #20
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Step2001

You may be right!
I wish I could remember where it was, but one of the EA reps definitely said they would not be in their own respective cases. I'm 100% sure that we were told this, though I don't know where it was... may have been Madden forum. I'll try to find it if I have some time.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:45 AM   #21
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

Found it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillycheze (Senior Producer, Madden)

Here's how the CE box will work.

When you buy CE, all game discs will come in the special edition black box. These discs will not come in the Favre or Dungy cases. The CE box actually has sleeves to accomodate several discs. On PS3 you will get 2 discs: Madden and Head Coach. On 360 you will get 3 discs: Madden, Head Coach, and bonus video content disc. The bonus content could actually fix on the game disc for PS3 thanks to blueray capacity.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2008, 12:20 PM   #22
Pro

Step2001's Arena

OVR: 9

Thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »