Home

Donnie Moore leaving Head Coach team

This is a discussion on Donnie Moore leaving Head Coach team within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2008, 08:34 PM   #1
MVP

swaldo's Arena

OVR: 20
Donnie Moore leaving Head Coach team

to work on Madden's franchise. I am curious how much of an impact this will have moving forward to 2010 for HC? This is bad news but I guess this means EA thinks Head Coach is a winner so that's good. It's also great for Madden's team because he will be a definite asset. I just hope this isn't the start of the HC team getting picked apart only to be replaced by dev's that "don't get it."

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...fl-2010-a.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2008, 08:42 PM   #2
Buddha

ahunter5's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Donnie Moore leaving Head Coach team

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaldo
to work on Madden's franchise. I am curious how much of an impact this will have moving forward to 2010 for HC? This is bad news but I guess this means EA thinks Head Coach is a winner so that's good. It's also great for Madden's team because he will be a definite asset. I just hope this isn't the start of the HC team getting picked apart only to be replaced by dev's that "don't get it."

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...fl-2010-a.html
I had read that one of the devs was being taken from HC to Madden, but hadn't heard which one was going.

I'm in agreement with you, swaldo. I'm glad that EA is keeping a HC team to pick devs from, but I'm concerned that we're going to lose the people that poured their hearts into the game that we've all wanted.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:42 PM   #3
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

I posted over in the Madden thread about this.

Maybe it's just the skeptic in me, but I find this move to be curious. I am of the believe EA wants HC to fail, and this will be the first of many subtle moves to ensure it does.

I honestly have no interest in Madden and haven't for years, I really would hate to see them sacrifice HC's future in a doomed attempt to save the Madden franchise, which frankly at this point I believe may be beyond repair.
Old 08-03-2008, 11:01 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

First off, congradulations Donny on your new job. Obviously, Madden is the flagship title and EA wants their top people assigned accordingly.

This type of situation happens all the time in business. The good news, is we have a strong foundation now with HC, as the coaches say we just need someone to step in and "manage the game"

EA: allow us on the forum to hire your new designer, we grill your top 5 choices in a Q&A fashion, and then we run a poll picking the winner...ahh a guy can dream cant he?
Old 08-03-2008, 11:25 PM   #5
Rookie

jballa838's Arena

OVR: 4

At least we get to keep Josh for the next HC
congrats Donny. Good luck and bring the awesomeness to Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2008, 11:26 PM   #6
Buddha

ahunter5's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I posted over in the Madden thread about this.

Maybe it's just the skeptic in me, but I find this move to be curious. I am of the believe EA wants HC to fail, and this will be the first of many subtle moves to ensure it does.

I honestly have no interest in Madden and haven't for years, I really would hate to see them sacrifice HC's future in a doomed attempt to save the Madden franchise, which frankly at this point I believe may be beyond repair.
A small part of me agrees with you, though I can't imagine a company putting this much time, manpower, and money into a product that they hope will fail. I do think that if the game succeeds critically, they will make this part of the Madden franchise. I hope that they keep making HC, though. Bill's reports have been very promising.

The only possible reason I can see EA wanting this to fail is if they were required to make a certain number of NFL titles in a time frame as a stipulation of the NFL exclusive license. Even if this were true, though, I doubt EA would hope for failure.

EA has to see what a wonderful product this is. The effort that Josh and co have put into the game in addition with the almost unanimously positive feedback thus far has to mean something to the boss-type folks at EA. I think we have to hope for positive reviews from the major gaming sites in addition to love and adoration coming from the community.

As Morgan Freeman said in the Shawshank Redemption, "I hope..."
Old 08-04-2008, 12:39 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahunter5
A small part of me agrees with you, though I can't imagine a company putting this much time, manpower, and money into a product that they hope will fail. I do think that if the game succeeds critically, they will make this part of the Madden franchise. I hope that they keep making HC, though. Bill's reports have been very promising.

The only possible reason I can see EA wanting this to fail is if they were required to make a certain number of NFL titles in a time frame as a stipulation of the NFL exclusive license. Even if this were true, though, I doubt EA would hope for failure.

EA has to see what a wonderful product this is. The effort that Josh and co have put into the game in addition with the almost unanimously positive feedback thus far has to mean something to the boss-type folks at EA. I think we have to hope for positive reviews from the major gaming sites in addition to love and adoration coming from the community.

As Morgan Freeman said in the Shawshank Redemption, "I hope..."
I've said this before, but I think HC is filler to help Madden's sales numbers. Madden has seen less than stellar sales numbers. I believe they have been relatively stagnant since they acquired the exclusive license.

Plus if you are buying Madden:CE for HC, it's still a madden sale. Which might spell doom for HC since their sales will be lower. I know I will be getting Madden:CE for HC only.
Old 08-04-2008, 12:49 AM   #8
Release the Kirchen

auburntigersfan's Arena

OVR: 31

Anyone think this is a little hint that there may not be a Head Coach 2010?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »