Home

Couple Questions

This is a discussion on Couple Questions within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2008, 07:56 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 7
Couple Questions

Hey guys,

Thinking about trading in NCAA and getting the Madden Collector's Edition. NCAA is just boring me. I like Madden and the demo, but have a few questions about the Head Coach franchise and since you all seem so hyped about it I'd figure asking you guys is best.

Never had the first head coach, and I hear this one is 100 times better thus far..so

1. Does the game have pre-set playbooks, like you aren't FORCED to design plays. I love managing and doing all the GM stuff, but I hate designing formations/plays...just don't like it. I'm assuming it does, but I want to be safe.

2. What's the game atmosphere like? Does it get boring just watching a game, do you truly feel involved during a game?

3. What engine is used for the game play, Madden 08 I hear.

4. Does it get tedious?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2008, 08:00 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Couple Questions

1. Yes

2. I haven't played it, but from what I've seen it seems pretty involved.

3. Madden 08

4. I've read and seent that it's pretty in depth, so if you're into that sort of thing then, no it isn't tedious, but I guess if you don't like to control a lot of the aspects the game entails then you might find it overwhelming
Old 08-04-2008, 08:01 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorneyDave
Hey guys,

Thinking about trading in NCAA and getting the Madden Collector's Edition. NCAA is just boring me. I like Madden and the demo, but have a few questions about the Head Coach franchise and since you all seem so hyped about it I'd figure asking you guys is best.

Never had the first head coach, and I hear this one is 100 times better thus far..so

1. Does the game have pre-set playbooks, like you aren't FORCED to design plays. I love managing and doing all the GM stuff, but I hate designing formations/plays...just don't like it. I'm assuming it does, but I want to be safe.

2. What's the game atmosphere like? Does it get boring just watching a game, do you truly feel involved during a game?

3. What engine is used for the game play, Madden 08 I hear.

4. Does it get tedious?
1. Yes, there will be preset books - Anything we create just gets added to 'em.

2. Judge for yourself. Here: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-promised.html

And Here: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-patriots.html

Spoiler

3. Yep, a tweaked version of the Madden '08 engine. Heavily tweaked, judging by the results we've seen so far.

4. Haven't played it yet, so I can't say. But it's possible to give the CPU control of whatever you don't want to do.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:13 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 7

Thanks man, thanks alot!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »