Home

Logic and Team Management Lead Programmer Q&A Session

This is a discussion on Logic and Team Management Lead Programmer Q&A Session within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2008, 11:30 PM   #153
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Logic and Team Management Lead Programmer Q&A Session

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Bekins
You can place your entire team on the trading block if you want. There is no direct penalty for doing this, but it might make negotiations more difficult because teams will request players you're probably not really willing to give up, then get angry when you're not willing to deal.

We talked about adding in some risk/reward for placing your players on the trade block, but since trading is one of the more complicated parts of the game we decided against it. We wanted you to be able to experiment without getting stressed out.
That sounds really good. Im happy your able to put unlimited amount on the block this way we have trade options when going after someone we like. Thanks for the reply to it.

Im just really glad my players wont get pissed at me because I put them on the block.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:37 AM   #154
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
The important thing to remember is that no one will contact you about any player that is not on the trade block, and you will not be able to offer a player during a negotiation unless he is on the trade block.
So during the Draft when teams contact you with trade offers, will it only involve picks and not players?

EDIT: Oh, and when you start before the Draft, do you also have all the draft picks that the team started with at the end of the 2007 season?

Last edited by Dolphn02648; 08-09-2008 at 12:55 AM.
Old 08-09-2008, 02:27 AM   #155
NFL Head Coach '09 Lead Programmer

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphn02648
So during the Draft when teams contact you with trade offers, will it only involve picks and not players?
You will be able to trade any players you have on the trade block during the draft. You can always add players to the block right before entering negotiations, so you will have total control throughout the draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphn02648
EDIT: Oh, and when you start before the Draft, do you also have all the draft picks that the team started with at the end of the 2007 season?
Yes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2008, 02:31 AM   #156
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
You will be able to trade any players you have on the trade block during the draft. You can always add players to the block right before entering negotiations, so you will have total control throughout the draft.

Yes.
I think on the first question he may of meant that when a team comes to you saying we'll give you this for that, what will they offer? Do the CPU controlled teams only offer picks as compensation for the player that the CPU wants or will they offer a player or a combination of the two?
Old 08-09-2008, 02:44 AM   #157
NFL Head Coach '09 Lead Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by casvdry
I think on the first question he may of meant that when a team comes to you saying we'll give you this for that, what will they offer? Do the CPU controlled teams only offer picks as compensation for the player that the CPU wants or will they offer a player or a combination of the two?
Ah, I see. The CPU will only offer their current pick during the draft. Players can only be traded in exchange for the current pick. (You won't be able to make side deals while someone else is on the clock).
Old 08-09-2008, 03:33 AM   #158
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Ah, I see. The CPU will only offer their current pick during the draft. Players can only be traded in exchange for the current pick. (You won't be able to make side deals while someone else is on the clock).
That seems fair. Another case where reality might not make it more fun.
Old 08-09-2008, 09:31 AM   #159
Rookie

Quote:
Side deals would offer a great dynamic to wheeling and dealing. You could have a "que" of pending deals already done in principal, that can be cancelled at any time by either side. This way you could get a feel for a team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »