Home

Strategy Guide Release Date Question

This is a discussion on Strategy Guide Release Date Question within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2008, 09:41 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 12
Strategy Guide Release Date Question

I know there are plenty of stickied posts up on top about the game, but I don't know if this has been answered for sure: Is the guide coming out the 12th with the release of the CE or is going to be in September when the Head Coach is released by itself?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2008, 09:50 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Strategy Guide Release Date Question

prima site now reflects an 8-12 release.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:04 PM   #3
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Prima's site has always had it listed as 08/12/08. Gamestop has had it listed as 09/03/08.

It's really unclear, because I assume the strategy guide is listed for 09/03 because of the standalone release...but then, the standalone was an afterthought, wasn't it? Maybe it'll be ready to go for 08/12. I don't know.

Hopefully a developer has some updated info, but I don't think it's their call at this point.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:45 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 9

I am still curious about this as well. I really hope it comes out next week. After a month with the game I'm not sure I'll even bother buying the guide if it releases in September.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:13 AM   #5
Banned

I was hoping that someone with some inside knowledge, meaning like one of the producers or someone who works with EA could clear this up. I really want the guide, but would be more skeptical about getting it when the standalone game is released in September. If it's there when I get the CE on the 12th then yeah, I'm definitely going to get it. It would be smart of EA and the stores to release it then because I probably wouldn't go back just to get the guide when it comes out by itself because I will probably already be pretty deep in a season
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2008, 10:24 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

The Prima Official site, at the very least, lists the Head Coach 09 E-guide as being released on the 12th of August, book version I don't really know how that's going to work, you might only be able to get it in book version via ordering it from their site, as someone has already stated the strategy guide release date as per GameStop is September 3rd. So, if you have a laptop like me, on the 12th, it's e-guide time!

Last edited by ablueduck; 08-07-2008 at 10:31 AM.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:46 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 9

I'll probably buy the e-guide too if that is the only one available on 8/12. That way I can also read it at work.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:24 AM   #8
Banned

Okay, did a little research myself. The actual guide itself (the e-guide too) is scheduled to be released on August 12th. Also, if you go to buy the guide on there, it says the shipping date is August 15th

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »