Home

Brett Favre is a New York Jet!

This is a discussion on Brett Favre is a New York Jet! within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2008, 04:36 AM   #17
Buddha

ahunter5's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Brett Favre is a New York Jet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brwill50
Read a little deeper into the deal. if the jets send favre to the vikings, they give up 3 first round picks. I'd say he's staying in NY.
...or at least not going to Minnesota. Has anyone heard if there's a poison pill for Chicago?
Old 08-07-2008, 04:43 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

Espn is reporting that yahoo is reporting that the pill is three first rounders for trading specifically to Minnesota. But I can't find anything on yahoo about it.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:14 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

NFL.com is giving credit to Adam Schefter for breaking the poison pill news.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true
Old 08-07-2008, 08:17 AM   #20
Buddha

ahunter5's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brwill50
NFL.com is giving credit to Adam Schefter for breaking the poison pill news.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true
Please -- pay proper respect. "Head Coach 09's Adam Schefter"
Old 08-07-2008, 08:24 AM   #21
Pro

OVR: 9

I am happy to hear that Favre is a jet. So much money was spent in the offseason to fix issues, such as the Oline, but yet the front office didn't do **** to fix the QB situation. You spend money like that in FA when you want to make a run, but that wasn't going to happen with the current QBs. Jets got lucky that they were able to get Favre. Bailed them out of a very large check for a 9-7 season at best, which is not getting you a wildcard spot in the AFC.

I think the Jets should definitely compete for a wildcard spot. After looking at their schedule before the Favre trade I found 9 games they should win. I think it could be 11 now, but the AFC is a tough conference so who knows.

While I did lose a little respect for Favre and the Packers the way this entire thing was handled, I am very pleased he is a Jet and I say good riddance to Chad Pennington. He has his qualities but not being able to stretch the field kills an offense.

Last edited by x1Blumpkin1x; 08-07-2008 at 08:28 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2008, 09:08 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

I wonder if the stipulation applied for Farve was traded to another team that isn't Minny, and then that team trades to Minny. The Jets are keeping him no doubt, and they finally have a Madden-Online worthy team.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:34 AM   #23
Pro

OVR: 9

Heard Jay Glazer on the radio this morning. He was saying no such poison pill existed for the Bears because they had no interest in trading for Favre. I really don't understand the Bears front office. Lovie really has nothing to work with on offense.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:03 AM   #24
Buddha

ahunter5's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by x1Blumpkin1x
Heard Jay Glazer on the radio this morning. He was saying no such poison pill existed for the Bears because they had no interest in trading for Favre. I really don't understand the Bears front office. Lovie really has nothing to work with on offense.
Thanks, Blumpkin. It's a bit of a shock that the Pack didn't ask for this. You figure that if the Jets had no interest in trading Favre, they wouldnt' have minded this being in the deal. Pack couldn't lose with this in there. Granted, I seriously doubt he ends up anywhere but the Jets, but still...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »