Home

Playbook Thoughts

This is a discussion on Playbook Thoughts within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2008, 11:51 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 17
Playbook Thoughts

Played the game most of the last night but didn't really dive into the playbook editor. After messing with it some more, I think it could have been done slightly better without just letting you create frankenstein plays.

Now I could just be stupid.

Here's what I wanted to create. A goal line play where the TE runs to the right flag. The problem is there is no route to accomplish this. In fact, the play editor is missing quite a few routes.

Passing Tree

So instead of fighting it, you have to do it the long and tedious way. You have to line him up to do a flag from the left side and move him over. Not ideal and too many clicks to get that right.

Here are two other things that bother me.

Creating Run plays is a chore. You have to find a play that has the RB and FB running the right run and block where you want. There is no way to tell the RB what hole to hit, or for that matter creating a hole. And you can only tell your FB to run block, you can't tell him where to block. You could do a pre-play motion but that's not ideal.

Which brings me to the last issue searching for a play that you can edit. You can search through you own playbook, but if you choose to create a play from scratch, you choose from the entire NFL HC playbook. However, you are given a screen where there are 6 plays for screen so that makes it 190+ screens of plays. There is no search function and the play editor does not break these plays into formations.

Ok, I understand I'm not going to see a patch on these things. But there has to be a better way of doing things. I understand they didn't was us to "draw" our own routes. I'm ok with that but then why hamstring some of the other parts of the mode.

I'm not making these out to be game killers. Just thoughts on creating plays.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »