Home

To EA - Please release Headcoach 09 on PAL

This is a discussion on To EA - Please release Headcoach 09 on PAL within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2008, 03:35 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
To EA - Please release Headcoach 09 on PAL

Hi,

this is an issue ongoing for several weeks and months.

Why is NFL Headcoach not released for PAL consoles to be played in Europe? Madden is relaesed in PAl, even though NASCAR (08 AND 09) is released in PAL.

I am 100% sure that Headcoach will be sold at least as much as NASCAR.

I dont want to start talking about regioncode, cos that is complete and utter rubbish anyway.

So my question to anyone from EA:

Is there any chance to get Headcoach in Europe, apart from a PS3 Import, which doesnt help, cos I dont have a PS3 (and I dont want one!)

Thank you
Markus
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2008, 04:30 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: To EA - Please release Headcoach 09 on PAL

itīs frustanting to have a xbox360 in a PAL territory and liking american sport games...no ncaa,no baseball games,no Head Coach

why donīt they remove the region lock on this game???
Old 08-13-2008, 05:44 AM   #3
Rookie

I bought a US XBOX last year just to play NCAA 2008 (and Mass Effect - I only had a PC before) and I would buy a US XBOX in a heartbeat this year just to play NFL Headcoach...

Titles Amazon.com wont send to Europe (like Madden CE) the guys from Hong Kong will gladly do (mine is already on the FedEx plane to Europe)...
Old 08-13-2008, 08:00 AM   #4
Rookie

goonertaff's Arena

OVR: 5

This is the reason ive bought a PS3 and several games from VG in Canada who have sold out already, if you check out the "euro buying" thread they have run out of Head Coach 09 because the demand was massive from european gamers

all ea needs to understand is demand for their games is a lot higher in europe than is currently believed

try looking at how quickly the NFL tickets disapeared for the 2 Wemby games was it 1.2 million applicants in under an hour!!
Old 08-13-2008, 08:12 AM   #5
MVP

Ninjoid's Arena

OVR: 16

I feel your pain bud...that was why I had to get a PS3 so I could play games like Head Coach and NCAA....granted we're not all in the position where we can just go ahead and do that so I do genuinely feel your frustration. For what it's worth they should just make all games region free for each platform.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2008, 08:22 AM   #6
Rookie

goonertaff's Arena

or at least give us a sensible reason why not

not to much to ask

id imagine there a massive cost involved but i dont see where it is? EA is in this to make money (fair enough) so its suprising it does nt want to sell more games in the UK and europe?

as someone mentioned earlier NASCAR is now sold PAL version on xbox 360

in the UK current tv listings show an average audience of less than 1 million (625,000 i think)for NASCAR in the UK (sky Sports)

where as NFL games are getting in excess of 4 or 5 million(Sky Sports) depending on who's playing(and not the Superbowl) that would suggest that the audience for these types of games exists?? so why no release
Old 08-13-2008, 08:34 AM   #7
Rookie

goonertaff's Arena

just had a quick scan around the net

and i can t find the article to post a link

but army of two is region locked to prevent players in different regions playing each other online (and there by dragging down the speed and also because the game in Asia does nt allow you to shoot dead bodies(as I imagine that may be offensive?)

neither point seems to have any bearing on ncaa or HC as madden works fine online verses plently of 8 year old who quit at the first sign of some one who knows what they are doing
and i dont see how/why content would be different
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/51730
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/51730

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »