Home

Rookie Speed ratings too high

This is a discussion on Rookie Speed ratings too high within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2008, 08:57 AM   #1
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Rookie Speed ratings too high

I posted a thread on a strange experience I had a few minutes ago and it prompted me to take a closer look... and, indeed, at virtually every position, rookies are, by far, the fastest players.

It seems to me the rookies were rated differently... like, on a totally different standard.

I haven't looked at every position, but off the top of my head LE, RE, OLB, MLB, and FS positions are all headed up by rookies. Was there a huge advancement in college training techniques I don't know about before last year's draft, because these guys are off the charts.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2008, 09:08 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Rookie Speed ratings too high

It isn't unheard of to have fast players in these positions, and they just happen to be rookies. But how fast are we talking here, 95+?
Old 08-13-2008, 09:23 AM   #3
49ers

adembroski's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastmode
It isn't unheard of to have fast players in these positions, and they just happen to be rookies. But how fast are we talking here, 95+?
As I said, and you ignored in the last thread about this, Campbell runs a 4.8... does that seem 94 worthy to you?

At most positions (not all) a disproportionate number of the fastest players in the game are rookies. At some positions (defensive end and linebacker, primarily) these speeds are 90+.

5 of the top 6 fastest runningbacks are rookies, the top 3 right ends are rookies, the top 2 left ends, then Julius Peppers, then another rookie. Top 3 defensive tackles are rookies, 5 rookie LOLBs graded out faster than Manny Lawson, 6 rookie MLBs are faster than Patrick Willis, top 3 ROLBs are rookies, 4 FSs are faster than Michael Huff, Tom Zbikowski is the fastest strong safety in Head Coach!!!.

I think that's enough evidence.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:27 AM   #4
Rookie

If you don't mind, I would like you to sim a year or two and check on thier speeds and that years rookie class' speed.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:32 AM   #5
49ers

adembroski's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastmode
If you don't mind, I would like you to sim a year or two and check on thier speeds and that years rookie class' speed.
I don't see the relevance. I'm saying that, in the main roster, the rookies are over rated in the speed category... perhaps others... and it some positions, linebacker and defensive line primarily, it's far enough off that I think it should be brought to the dev's attention.

-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2008, 09:36 AM   #6
Rookie

I'm just saying that there could be a drop off in speed for second year players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »