Home

MUST have GOLD account to get roster update ?!?!?!

This is a discussion on MUST have GOLD account to get roster update ?!?!?! within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2008, 07:22 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: MUST have GOLD account to get roster update ?!?!?!

Plus if it is a Microsoft decision on the gold thing, it is a typically short sighted one. When you are in a competitive situation (which they are with PS3 and wii) attempting to force people to your services is not typically a good business strategy.

You have to wait until you illegally force out your competition before you do that.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:36 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 25

oh this is an xbox thing

cuz it was free for teh ps3 i was like wtf u guys talking about
Old 08-13-2008, 07:48 PM   #11
Rookie

Buy 1 less game a year, and get Xbox Live Gold. Here's another piece of information since you didn't know you couldn't get roster updates without gold, you can't download patches without gold either.

Buy one of those Xbox Gold 1 mo cards then download the roster at the beginning of the season. That's my only recommendation. Unfortunately, you can't get a friend to do it, because Micorsoft doesn't allow you to share files across profiles.

Last edited by theanalogkid; 08-13-2008 at 07:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2008, 08:14 PM   #12
MVP

warnerwlf98's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by theanalogkid
Buy 1 less game a year, and get Xbox Live Gold. Here's another piece of information since you didn't know you couldn't get roster updates without gold, you can't download patches without gold either.

Buy one of those Xbox Gold 1 mo cards then download the roster at the beginning of the season. That's my only recommendation. Unfortunately, you can't get a friend to do it, because Micorsoft doesn't allow you to share files across profiles.
You mean to say that you need a gold account to get a patch? I've had numerous games from different publishers patched. I haven't owned that many EA games, so I wouldn't know if its specific to them.

The transfer kit may still work - that was the preferred method of roster sharing before EA locker and 2K share - if the gamertag file locking thing isn't in effect.

-OS Radio Show

(I don't remember who said this but PM me who did say it, and I'll quote him properly)
Old 08-13-2008, 09:35 PM   #13
Rookie

It has nothing to do with the money, I have no need and refuse to pay for a service like Gold when I don't need it and I won't use it. I have had a 360 for 3-4 years now (whenever it was released) and I have never needed Gold before for anything.

I ended up buying two versions of Madden CE because I couldn't wait the last 15 hours from the time it was released locally, vs the time my preorder showed up from UPS. Clearly, I am not above wasting 100 bucks.

I don't play games online, the only reason I even have a console is to play sports games. I shouldn't need to pay a subscription to get updates to a game.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:49 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
you can't download patches without gold either.
This is nonsense.

I don't have a gold account at the moment I got the download for NCAA 09.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:52 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiPolarGamer
This is nonsense.

I don't have a gold account at the moment I got the download for NCAA 09.
That's what I thought. I got the NASCAR Patch w/o a Gold Account.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2008, 12:52 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
This is simply not true at all. When I had a 360, I never had gold yet I always got the patches for my games. The only things you need gold for are roster updates and online play. Even then, some games allow roster updates for silver members. NHL 2K7 I beleieve had free rosters for silver members. Those games are rare though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »