Home

What's up with the rosters

This is a discussion on What's up with the rosters within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2008, 12:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
What's up with the rosters

How come when you start in the preseason there are so many made up rookies that have better ratings then the veterans on the team. Also there are a bunch of veterans on my team that are eithier on other teams in real life, free Agents or retired.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2008, 12:52 PM   #2
NFL Head Coach '09 Lead Designer

OVR: 18
Re: What's up with the rosters

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTMoney31620
How come when you start in the preseason there are so many made up rookies that have better ratings then the veterans on the team. Also there are a bunch of veterans on my team that are eithier on other teams in real life, free Agents or retired.
Do you have the roster update yet?

Our shipped rosters were last updated at the beginning of June.

And those made up rookies have locked ratings. The longer you keep them on the team, the more realistic their ratings will be.

This will be my next Feature Breakdown post.

After I go do this press thing.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:01 PM   #3
Rookie

Yeah I just got the roster update.

I checked both and they were similar in terms of the problems I described.

For instance I am the bengals and I have two made up rookie O-line players who are rated in the high 80's and low 90's.

Also have James Blair, a veteran who is not on the bengals and Najah Davenport who is again not a Bengal.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:02 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 14

Hey Josh, great job with rosters. For the 2nd roster update check out Taylor Mehlhaff(Saints) is in real life a LEFT FOOTED KICKER and not right footed kicker.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:04 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

For instance I am the bengals and I have two made up rookie O-line players who are rated in the high 80's and low 90's.

Also have James Blair, a veteran who is not on the bengals and Najah Davenport who is again not a Bengal.
I think you will find that the rookie ratings change as you get time to evaluate them, dont expect them to remain where they are. I had a rookie FB that was 88, by the end of the preseason, he was a 65 or something.

Players like Davenport are just added by the GM for preseason depth I think.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2008, 01:07 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsemillArmy
I think you will find that the rookie ratings change as you get time to evaluate them, dont expect them to remain where they are. I had a rookie FB that was 88, by the end of the preseason, he was a 65 or something.

Players like Davenport are just added by the GM for preseason depth I think.
Ok Thanks, I'll give it a chance then. I was just confused with all of the roster errors at first and didnt want to get too into it.

Last edited by JTMoney31620; 08-14-2008 at 01:09 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:24 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:

Dear JTMoney, if you started Franchise the high rating for rookies is because you no nothing about them. At the end of your preseason after you have unlocked more of their abilties you will have a firmer rating for them that they may be overrated or underrated. Have you ever heard of Marques Colston 7th round draft pick 2 picks from being undrafted. In other words that 90 & 80 ratings will come down once you get a good look at him in preseason. THIS IS NOT MADDEN entirely different rating system.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:52 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:

Actually Josh, there are a few things that could be changed on the Bengals roster.

The rookie TE Mike Cherry should actually be Matt Sherry. Stacy Andrews (LG) is actually a RT, so he should take James Blair's place as Blair won't actually make the final roster. The empty spot at guard should probably be filled by Nate Livings http://www.bengals.com/team/player.asp?player_id=108

Also (minor stuff), Angelo Craig is actually a defensive end, not a linebacker. Dhani Jones is at MLB instead of OLB, Ahmad Brooks is at OLB. Simeon Castille is a CB, not a FS...same for Ethan Kilmer. Kyries Hebert might be a guy to consider adding...right now he's the second string FS for the Bengals (http://www.bengals.com/team/player.asp?player_id=185)...he was picked up from the CFL. I can't remember if DeDe Dorsey is on the roster at HB or a free agent in the game, but he's still on the roster in real life.

A couple of other guys that might be worth adding: Marcus Maxwell at wide receiver will probably make the team http://www.bengals.com/team/player.asp?player_id=175
And Carson Palmer's little brother, Jordan Palmer looks like he may end up beating out Jeff Rowe for the #3 QB spot http://www.bengals.com/team/player.asp?player_id=186

Also, it says the Bengals GM is Marvin "Louis" instead of Marvin Lewis. Just a small typo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »