Home

Injury Bug, Season Screwed, No Big Deal.

This is a discussion on Injury Bug, Season Screwed, No Big Deal. within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2008, 07:49 PM   #41
Pro

budsticky's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Injury Bug, Season Screwed, No Big Deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niners44
Will be interesting to see if a second major bug crops up that affects the apologist group and then a third. Maybe at that point they will understand.

My point all along that seems to have been lost on that group. That is the initial bug is annoying. It is the lack of commitment to fixing it is the problem that I find so troubling. How many times are you going to have to restart your career before it bothers you.

Blaming the higher ups for allowing not allowing a patch is laughable, I think I will try that out with my customers and see how that works.
My lord I can't believe the whining! Yes, the bug was annoying. There is now a very easy work around. I restarted my career one time! Big deal. These guys pulled a guy in who is no longer even on the team to isolate the issue. What more do you want them to do? Most of the Madden guys are probably getting ready to start working on next years version already. You'll get the token patch in about three months for that game and that will be it. It will fix half the problems with the game if you're lucky. The franchise will still be broken(has been for years), and there will still be lingering AI issues. The Head Coach guys listened to the fans, found a problem, isolated it, and provided a work around. If that's not enough for you I don't know what else to say. I don't know how many people in this forum need to drill it into your head..IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO GET A PATCH OUT FOR A CONSOLE GAME QUICKLY..SOMETIMES IT'S NOT POSSIBLE AT ALL THROUGH NO FAULT OF THE DEVELOPERS. Now hopefully you can understand this. If not go spread your negativity in the Madden forums.

Now, even if they do decide to release a patch, it takes somebody to redo the code, and then it requires a bunch of testing. After that it still has to clear the Microsoft approval. I would think somebody who works in the computer industry would understand this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2008, 08:00 PM   #42
Rookie

firktaf's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niners44
I never said I expected a patch in a couple day.

I said I expected better than a commitment of "IF" we get a patch.
So your issue is that they said "if"? They're saying if because they have no control over it. Just imagine the type of hell that they would put themselves into if they said there's going to be a patch only for their boss to tell them, "No, it's not in our budget." I'm sure that they would enjoy backtracking out of that mess in the community.

It's like me, without any knowledge of what the weather will be like tomorrow, guaranteeing everyone on this board that tomorrow will be the sunniest day ever. So, we all decide to go have a picnic only to see massive thunderstorms with hail and tornado's everywhere. And then you guys come back and are all like, "Wtf? You said it would be sunny but the storms were so bad that it ended up killing my whole family!" And all I can say is, "Sorry, I thought it would be sunny."

NFL:
Jacksonville Jaguars
MLB:
St. Louis Cardinals
NBA:
Orlando Magic
NCAA: UCF Knights
Old 08-15-2008, 08:18 PM   #43
MVP

vernond's Arena

OVR: 17

I'm extremely impressed with how quickly the developers were able to find out what was causing the bug and give us a suitable workaround for it. I'll admit starting over sucks but there's not a whole lot you can do. Sometimes these things never get acknowledged let alone fixed. I'm sure if it's fesibale there will be a patch put out. I don't blame the dev's for being non commital about a patch. What if they said we'll get that patched and then find out for whatever reason they can't patch it, not allowed, or it just creates more issues? They would be absolutely ripped for saying they'd patch it and then not being able to. These guys have earned the benefit of the doubt from me, I've been impressed with their willingness to interact with all of us especially since they don't have to. This is by no means a game killer, there is a workaround for it. At least wait until they say no they aren't going to patch this and listen to their reason until you get pissed.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:38 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 2

Don't worry, they'll give us a patch in due time.

The crazy thing is, in the amount of time it has taken to concoct these posts you probably could have started anew and been up to where you are now.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:46 PM   #45
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRod
The game has been out less than a week. I picked it up Monday night. The injury bug didn't get spotted until Tuesday Wednesday. So really it's been 2 days that we've known about the bug.

You want a patch in two days huh? Incredible. Even the most ardent Madden haters don't expect Madden to patch their game in two days.

In less than 24 hours, WHILE the lead producer was away, someone in the team found the problem. He sent a message to the lead and he posted it in the forums again from what he said, while he was away from the office.

I don't know how you define commitment but I have never seen developers this committed to its game and the community. If this is a lack of commitment then I would love to see how these guys show committment
It's a sign of a change in attitude across the Tiburon studios, and I love it. I think we're about to enter Madden's true golden era (and by Madden I mean the Tiburon football family).

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2008, 10:37 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 3

[quote=Dbrentonbuck;2038610741]
If I make a mistake on my job, I cannot give my clients a "work around".
quote]

No.

Unless your "clients" are video game players, this analogy is stupid.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:54 PM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by budsticky
I don't know how many people in this forum need to drill it into your head..IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO GET A PATCH OUT FOR A CONSOLE GAME QUICKLY..SOMETIMES IT'S NOT POSSIBLE AT ALL THROUGH NO FAULT OF THE DEVELOPERS. Now hopefully you can understand this. If not go spread your negativity in the Madden forums.
Far be it from me to interject, but I would have supposed that the developers might be considered "at fault" for shoddy testing. For a major software release, a bug so isolatable, so reproducible, so obvious, and so apparent should never have made it - if this team want to issue a console game, then it's incumbent upon them to take even more care in issuing a fully tested product.

I'm not sure why people insist upon saying that this workaround solves anything. I lost twelve hours of a game that took me 20+ hours to actually build as a result of audio bugs that cause freezing during the off-season. This workaround fix we're supposed to be lauding these guys for finding does very little for my and many others' situations.

There's a line between protecting a message board from needless negativity and rage and outright fanboyism. You crossed that line several posts ago.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:05 AM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinywalrus
Far be it from me to interject, but I would have supposed that the developers might be considered "at fault" for shoddy testing. For a major software release, a bug so isolatable, so reproducible, so obvious, and so apparent should never have made it - if this team want to issue a console game, then it's incumbent upon them to take even more care in issuing a fully tested product.

I'm not sure why people insist upon saying that this workaround solves anything. I lost twelve hours of a game that took me 20+ hours to actually build as a result of audio bugs that cause freezing during the off-season. This workaround fix we're supposed to be lauding these guys for finding does very little for my and many others' situations.

There's a line between protecting a message board from needless negativity and rage and outright fanboyism. You crossed that line several posts ago.
Sticky just got owned by the walrus!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »