Home

Good GM's Help out alot...

This is a discussion on Good GM's Help out alot... within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2008, 01:37 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 12
Good GM's Help out alot...

I took on the Texans, love to rebuild, and started my rebuilding process with the draft and FA. Picked up a LG / RG / SS / HB / in FA. The rest of my needs came from the draft. I did my own scouting targeting all my positions by rounds. I get to the draft and things are playing out where i wanted them too. All of a sudden in the 5th round my GM suggest a low rated DT, so i decided to go with him. He was rated a 60 something. Turns out he was a "Gem" 88/91 rated after the 3rd preseason game. Very nice call by my GM.

It's funny because that player was giving me a hard time when i was signning him. I almost didn't sign him at all. I had to do 2 times of reneg. with this player. The first day he wouldn't take anything, but the 2nd try around we met in the middle. I lucked out there.

So far 2 "Gems i've found in this yars draft. One being my SS and the other this player. The safety i scouted 100%. I took a chance on him since i was liking his numbers when scouting him, but the DT came from my GM. He will be staying with us for awhile.

Anyone else have the Texans? How is your GM doing?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2008, 02:04 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Good GM's Help out alot...

I started a career with the Seahawks, who have a pretty good GM. I definitely appreciated him having the extra in season scouting unlocked. He had already had the special skill to unlock the info for big schools, and then I got the skill for mid-major schools also. 100% scouted in season helps out a ton and allows me to search for gems.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »