Home

Running the ball

This is a discussion on Running the ball within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2008, 07:41 PM   #9

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Running the ball

To update in the third quarter alone...

Frank Gore 5 Carries 37 Yards
Kevin Jones 2 Carries -4 Yards

I dont know, I made a few changes like moving Tackling and Awareness back to 50 while leaving RB Ability and Run Block at 100 and it helps from time to time but out of those 37 yards Gore had he picked up 33 of them on one run so in other words he had 4 Carries for 4 Yards prior to that 33 yard run for a TD. It seems like its either -3 or 10, no middle ground at all.
Old 08-16-2008, 08:15 PM   #10
MVP

vernond's Arena

OVR: 17

My stats are coming out alright. In my 1st two preseason games LJ has 97 yds on 20 carries so he has a good avg. Some of the plays he makes are just stupid though. Are you guys that aren't getting good avg. subbing in the backup some? I know if your guy gets tired he's going to struggle.
Old 08-16-2008, 08:20 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 4

I usually don't have a problem running the ball with Marion Barber of the Cowboys, but I have invested time with him and with my OL in practices. I also invest time with my QB and WR's to beef up my offense more, which is why teams are scoring big points against me cause my secondary kinda sucks.

I can usually stop the run, but the pass gets me alot hehe.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2008, 08:21 PM   #12

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernond
My stats are coming out alright. In my 1st two preseason games LJ has 97 yds on 20 carries so he has a good avg. Some of the plays he makes are just stupid though. Are you guys that aren't getting good avg. subbing in the backup some? I know if your guy gets tired he's going to struggle.
Are you running with default sliders? To finish out my game that Ive been updating...

Alex Smith 25/28 (89%) 327 Yards 3 TD 0 INT
Frank Gore 19 Carries 110 Yards (5.7 Per)

Jon Kitna 28/44 (63%) 415 Yards 2 TD 1 INT
Kevin Jones 24 Carries 52 Yards (2.1 Per)

I lowered Awareness and Tackling while leaving everything else the same that Juk34man has them at and even though my run game finally got on track, the passing game became even easier due to the decrease in awareness I suppose. Im starting to wonder if I wasnt seeing better results when everything was on default, right now I feel like Im stuck in that ever changing slider mode again and I hate that.
Old 08-16-2008, 08:23 PM   #13
MVP

vernond's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimping219
Are you running with default sliders? To finish out my game that Ive been updating...

Alex Smith 25/28 (89%) 327 Yards 3 TD 0 INT
Frank Gore 19 Carries 110 Yards (5.7 Per)

Jon Kitna 28/44 (63%) 415 Yards 2 TD 1 INT
Kevin Jones 24 Carries 52 Yards (2.1 Per)

I lowered Awareness and Tackling while leaving everything else the same that Juk34man has them at and even though my run game finally got on track, the passing game became even easier due to the decrease in awareness I suppose. Im starting to wonder if I wasnt seeing better results when everything was on default, right now I feel like Im stuck in that ever changing slider mode again and I hate that.
Yeah i'm using the default sliders, i haven't messed with anything.
Old 08-17-2008, 12:37 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

Still can't get the running game on track no matter what I do. It shouldn't be this pathetic. EA really needs to patch this, because it just turns your team into being 1 dimensional on offense.
Old 08-17-2008, 12:51 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 13

I've actually had pretty good luck with the running game. Where my guys know the plays they're largely staying with them. The CPU is running at about a 3.5 per carry average, though, which probably is about right given the teams I have played. I have not yet faced an elite back in the regular season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2008, 01:02 PM   #16
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

My running game started great with around a hundred yards per game for the team through the pre-season and game one. Game two Ryan Grant busted it up for 172 yards in 30 carries. After that it has been a struggle with the averages and totals way down for the last three games. I think that is do to the defenses having a much better knowledge of the plays.

So far I haven't had the situations you guys have had. I am using McCarthy as coach, not a created coach which will make a big difference.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »