Home

Old 08-18-2008, 10:46 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
=/

I really want to play Madden and Head Coach but each have issues that make them close to unplayable. Sure I could play them, but then the issues would slowly creep up and ruin my experience. Waiting for a patch seems like a slap in the face since I spent $90 on these games after eagerly awaiting them for the past few months.

EA should really look into their QA departments because they are incredibly lacking in every aspect. And if they're not, it means they that they just don't care about the bugs and are just trying to hit a release date.

I'm in a gaming funk now, the games I really want to play I can't without getting pissed off about simple bugs that should have been fixed before release.

Ugh.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2008, 10:59 AM   #2
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: =/

It you're getting that pissed off it may be time for a new hobby.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:02 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 9

I've played Madden once with my son and it was ok but what i've read isn't good, but what are the issues that make HC unplayable?

It's not perfect but it is the best football game to date especially for the franchise nuts like me. I've played every football game ever from Fever, to FOF, to all of the Madden's and my previuos favorite NFL 2K5

NCAA 2009 was also very good this year, I was having fun with that one but since HC I have played nothing else.

The play creator bug stinks but it has an easy workaround, I am also very picky and I am not easily impressed when it comes to football games since I honestly feel Madden is a BIG step below 2K5 which is completely ridiculous since EA has the money and 4 more years.

The game isn't for every gamer and in some ways is closer to Sims than Madden but if you give it time I think you will love it.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:02 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7

I'm not irate or angry or anything, just frustrated and bored.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:05 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 9

I can see what you are saying. Sometimes all of the small little things start to add up and it takes away from the experience. However I am trying to remain optimistic because the game does so much right and I really want to be playing football games a lot this year, I have missed that the past few years. But sometimes it can be too much. And to what BK said, you do have to walk away for a bit sometimes. I am on my 5th 360 console because the POS keeps breaking. It got so bad that I just didn't even play games for weeks on end because the constant hardware failures just ruined gaming for me. It sucks, but the best is to try and remain positive and find the good.

But that shouldn't excuse obvious bugs either slipping through or consciously being released with no info to the consumer about them already being addressed.

Last edited by x1Blumpkin1x; 08-18-2008 at 11:08 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2008, 12:35 PM   #6
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

I've found nothing that makes Head Coach unplayable. Hell, I haven't found anything that makes Madden unplayable... just things that need improving if I'm ever to play franchise mode (which, the more I think about it, I doubt I will considering head coach fills that need nicely).

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »