Home

How do you run your franchise..?

This is a discussion on How do you run your franchise..? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2008, 09:42 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 25
How do you run your franchise..?

so like, how much stuff do you delegate..? do you just call plays and let everyone else build the team? make trades? DRAFT FOR YOU? (I doubt anyone delegates this.. you crazy the draft is the fun part!) free agent signings? etc?

one thing that has come to my attention.. and i delegate this completely

is contract negotiation, lol aka the Salary Cap I suck at it

ahahahaha so I just let my GM negotiate the Rookie contracts and whatnot

das pretty much everything I fully delegate only because I realize how much I suck at it and I'm more concerned with actually developing my team and installing my system into the team and having the right players to run the system

so yea
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2008, 12:01 PM   #2
MVP

Perceptor's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: How do you run your franchise..?

I've been doing everything so far although I prefer the GM side of things than coaching the games so I may sim games down the road and just build my team....however, all aspects of this game are fun for me so until I get bored, I will likely continue to do everything....

I really enjoyed the draft and scotuing prior....that was a ton of fun
Old 08-20-2008, 01:43 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 9

I don't delegate anything. I like to handle all of the responsibilities. My coordinators are there solely for the purpose of adding skill benefits to my players.

I suppose if a really solid coordinator or GM becomes available down the road I will give up some control. But for now it is all mine.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:11 PM   #4
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

I have a question since I don't have a game...when you say "delegate responsibility"...how does that work? If I want my DC to call the defensive plays, is there a bigger benefit to your team or something? Or is it just there because the gamer wouldn't want to do it? And what happens...you just watch?

And what about the GM role? Are you the coach and GM in the game? Or just the coach? If just the coach, how does FA and drafting work? If I want to go and get the prized FA...do I have to convince my GM to do it?
Old 08-20-2008, 02:14 PM   #5
Pro

When you are in a game you can choose to not pick a play. Then your coord will take care of it. How he does picking plays depends somewhat on his skills, plus you have some control over how often created plays should be used among other things you can set in his coaching philosophy.

You really have as much control as you want. You can basically be HC and GM, which is what I do. In this case the GM has limited involvement it seems, but he does affect things like what contract options you are presented when trying to sign a player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2008, 04:22 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perceptor
I've been doing everything so far although I prefer the GM side of things than coaching the games so I may sim games down the road and just build my team....however, all aspects of this game are fun for me so until I get bored, I will likely continue to do everything....

I really enjoyed the draft and scotuing prior....that was a ton of fun
Quote:
Originally Posted by x1Blumpkin1x
I don't delegate anything. I like to handle all of the responsibilities. My coordinators are there solely for the purpose of adding skill benefits to my players.

I suppose if a really solid coordinator or GM becomes available down the road I will give up some control. But for now it is all mine.
how the heck do you guys handle Salary Cap? -.- bleh, i just let my GM do the negotiations.. lol

hey, i know my weakness!
Old 08-20-2008, 05:02 PM   #7
Pro

To be honest, I have no idea what my salary cap is going to look like after my first season. I'll let you know
Old 08-20-2008, 06:40 PM   #8
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

I do everything but call about half the plays. Otherwise I feel like I'm cheating.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »