Home

How do you stay on top of everything?

This is a discussion on How do you stay on top of everything? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2008, 10:12 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: How do you stay on top of everything?

If I need to remember something, like who to target in Free Agency or the draft, I right it down in a mini spiral notebook. Works extremely well being able to just glance down and know who to bid on.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:17 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 11

I have a white-board hanging on my wall next to me. It's a copy of the depth chart for the entire team. I put OVR-POT and the 3 most relevant attributes to me for each player along with his age. This leaves me with just enough room along the bottom for some notes like when Adam mentions a player to draft next year.

Seeing the depth chart like this with ratings and age makes it easy for me to see my team weaknesses, the players that will be falling soon i.e. hitting 30, I like to trade my players a year or two after their peak when I can still get good draft value from them and know where to scout/draft the next year. When the season ends I erase (everything on my white-board is duplicated on excel) the white-board and turn it into my draft board where I list my positions of need and then prospects for each player.

From that I compile a list of who I want to draft of about 25-30 players.

Oh and did I mention I'm very anal? lol but, that's how I stay on top of everything. The Team Gameplan or whatever it's called is pretty nice though almost made my white-board obsolete but not quite.

:edit: one last thing. I developed this playing HC 06 where it was more necessary but I also created a point system for my players to kinda track their "intangibles" where they performed better on the field than their attributes may reveal.

This is on a spreadsheet also so I can sort and filter etc.

Players in all positions are eligible for points but each category is only 1 point each time they accomplish the feat below:

100+ QB rating, 300+ yrds passing 3+TD 100+ yrds Rushing, 100+yrds receiving, 10+pancakes, 10+tackles 3+tackles for loss, 3+ sacks, 3+ INTS, 3+Deflections, 2+forced fumbles, Defensive TD, 25+avg yrds/return, Return TD, Player/week, NFL Best Position/yr (Does HC 09 award these? I haven't finished a season yet) Confernce best position/yr, conference best rookie/yr, conf best/yr Conf MVP, NFL Best Rookie/yr NFL best/yr, and NFL MVP.

I haven't really started tracking this yet in HC 09 but I think that's because I'm still getting used to the game.
100+ QB RATING

300+YDS PASS

3+TD

Last edited by SloeyEZ; 08-21-2008 at 02:35 AM. Reason: ...one last thing
Old 08-23-2008, 08:33 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

I have been playing these types of games for so long that I really can keep it all in my head.

I do make a one page note of needs in the off-season, but other than that I can go position by position in my head and remember every player.

now, where I put my keys on the other hand...
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »