Home

A HC09 Addicts Handy Guide To building A Dynasty

This is a discussion on A HC09 Addicts Handy Guide To building A Dynasty within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2008, 02:47 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
A HC09 Addicts Handy Guide To building A Dynasty

Howdy all,

I have read several threads related to cap space problems.
I thought I would throw in my two cents as it has worked for me thus far. Follow at your own leisure or caution..you make the call=p

1. If you are new to the game, pick a team with good cap space. I suggest the Bucs=p With +35 million or to start, you are in good shape off the bat. If you want to pick your own team go fo it.=)

2. Do not get attached to your favorite players. Especially older guys with one year left on their contract. "USUALLY", they eat a big chunk of salary, but only have a small cap penalty. I.E. 10.00 mil in salary with a 1 million or less cap hit. Either ride it out and let them walk at the years end, or take the hit and trade him for picks, if you can. Just make sure the penalty isn't too much.

2A. If you start and your team is already in cap hell, try and bite the bullet. Cut the high paid contracts and take the cap hit for that year. See how your owner reacts. If you keep your job, the next year will be much smoother. If not, reload and tread easy.

2B. I am not sure if the real NFL cap rules apply to this game. I.E. cuts made before June 1st count this year, after June 1st count against you the next year. Any verification by any kind benevolent programer would help alot=p

3. During free agency, ignore the "big name" guys. Look for the young 75-80 ovr guys who you can sign without a signing bonus. No signing bonus is key.

4. Research, research, research. Look for the sleepers of the draft. Trade down. Alot. Take picks for next year. If you research enough, you can find guys with the skill and potential to be starters into the 7th round. My second draft I found a Center 82 ovr with 93 potential in round 6. And more. Sign your 3-7 round picks with no signing bonus, Save and retry if you need. No signing bonus means you can trade or cut them without hurting your cap.

5. In this game injuries happen...ALOT. That 96 pot RB you took in the first round wont be earning his 30+million dollar contract on the bench.

6. When drafting look for 3 main things 1.Learning 2.Durability 3. Potential. Everything else is just gravy.

7. This game has the habbit of bringing in VERY solid training camp invitees. Some are 80s-90s. Keep an eye out for them.

8. If you research, between the draft and your "walk ons" you can build a team very quickly without selling your future.

*Disclaimer* This is not an end all. I do not go into keeping your owner happy, thats up to you=p. This is just one guys opinion. Experiment and have fun=)

If anyone has anything to add, please feel free to add on.

Good luck and

Peace=)

Last edited by bucfan1969; 08-22-2008 at 03:03 AM. Reason: add
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2008, 10:15 AM   #2
Rookie

goalkeepr's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: A HC09 Addicts Handy Guide To building A Dynasty

Good stuff! I hope others will build on this.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:38 AM   #3
Rookie

lol....i was reading this one guys dynasty report on game faqs....he signed every big ticket free agent on the market...traded some away for 1st rnd picks...signed like 4 rookies in the top ten...he showed off his team and u can tell everyone reading it was just cracking up...he kept reporting that hes getting warning messages about cap space and wondered aloud, "whats a cap?".... his dynasty report lasted until the end of preseason game 1 when he was fired...frm the guys he got and traded away i think he was over 100 mil in cap penalties
Old 08-22-2008, 10:44 AM   #4
Rookie

Great advice. I'll be doing alot of this real soon.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:28 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Thanks all.

And yep, after my second season is over and all my 1 year older guys walk, I will be +56.00 million in cap space.

Peace=)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2008, 01:34 PM   #6
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

You do have some good advice, but the whole "save and reload" defeats the purpose. Coaches and GM make mistakes and sometime you get bit by them. If you can just save and reload if things don't go your way whats the point?

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 08-22-2008, 01:58 PM   #7
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Quick question........Im still in my first season with the Raiders and havent dealt with free agency and the cap. Is there somewhere in the game that will show me what my salary cap status is for the following year??
Old 08-22-2008, 02:43 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Towards the bottom of the 'Team' section there's an option to review salary cap status, it will show where you are this year, along with the next 3 years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »