Home

Devs: Drop everything you're "looking at" and turn to tuning

This is a discussion on Devs: Drop everything you're "looking at" and turn to tuning within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2008, 09:06 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Devs: Drop everything you're "looking at" and turn to tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gim77
Sorry I disagree. The bugs you dismissed are actually destroying the game for myself and others and we can barely play it. The freeze and salary bugs are working hand in hand and I havent even completed half of the season yet. It's all been through simulation because gameplay is not an option otherwise I lose a week because of the freeze. Really fun!
I have a 360 haven't seen a freeze yet and the salary bug has a pretty simple workaround until they hopefully get around to patching it.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:07 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 10

I'm not seeing this. I'm in my 3rd season with the Bears. Year 1 - 4-12; Year 2 - 7-9; Year 3 5-11.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:08 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
Have not seen freezes on the PS3 for the record. Not sure if you are on 360 but thought I'd toss that in there just in case (red ring of death).
Im on the PS3. Theres three pages and tons of threads of people with the same problem but it's still "undetermined".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2008, 10:18 AM   #12
NFL Head Coach '09 Lead Designer

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gim77
Im on the PS3. Theres three pages and tons of threads of people with the same problem but it's still "undetermined".
Guys, we are working around the clock to address the major issues that we feel 'need' to be fixed.

Unfortunately, it's just not possible to re-tune the game at this point.

That took us a year and a half in the first place and tuning it for each individual's ideal experience would get us nowhere.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:39 AM   #13
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMimic
One of my biggest problems is when playing and watching the action and seeing the computer do things that it's only doing because it's trying to get accurate sim numbers. The running game especially; players running into a hole and then turning and running right into the lineman who are blocking the guys to open that hole even though there was a good 10 yards of daylight if he wouldve ran straight (Gore isn't that stupid). There being a hole there but the running back instead of hitting it decides to run along the line of scrimmage until someone tackles him for a loss and my personal favorite hitting a hole and then turning around and running backwards and getting hit with a loss of 3 or 4.
Josh has confirmed that if you're not using Super Sim, the Madden engine is entirely in charge of in-game action. That's unfortunately an issue with the Madden engine (and NCAA as well).

I've been wondering for a while if actually reducing the Running Back slider might help, because it might reduce how often they do those stupid special moves (which are so often done for no reason). I'll try to test that later.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:44 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by billharris44
Josh has confirmed that if you're not using Super Sim, the Madden engine is entirely in charge of in-game action. That's unfortunately an issue with the Madden engine (and NCAA as well).

I've been wondering for a while if actually reducing the Running Back slider might help, because it might reduce how often they do those stupid special moves (which are so often done for no reason). I'll try to test that later.
I understand it's totally in control. My problem is it seems to do things only to get the sim stats the computer says it should be getting. Like it's pre-determined so my RB needs to run into the lineman and get tackled even though there is a ton of daylight.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:53 AM   #15
NFL Head Coach '09 Lead Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMimic
I understand it's totally in control. My problem is it seems to do things only to get the sim stats the computer says it should be getting. Like it's pre-determined so my RB needs to run into the lineman and get tackled even though there is a ton of daylight.
That's actually not the case. The game engine just runs the play. There's no underlying code telling it to play bad to get normal stats.

Just like in real life...there are good plays and bad plays.

Not every run is going to be an amazing 10 yard burst.

If it was, there would be complaining about how unbalanced the running game was.

More so than there is now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2008, 10:59 AM   #16
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

Hey, I just had a 97 yard run with Larry Johnson trying to end the half!

Josh, any idea why when I tried to sim my 2nd preseason game only my starters played? Same thing for my opponent but the other NFL box scores showed backups playing. This was a quick sim in which the problem did not exist week 1.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »