Home

A few questions...

This is a discussion on A few questions... within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2008, 12:00 PM   #1
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
A few questions...

1) 2nd preseason game with the Chiefs and when I quick sim only the starters play. This did not happen week 1. The computer team also did not play any backups. Other NFL box scores show backups playing from around the league. Very strange!

2) Because of problem #1, I decided to go ahead and play week 2 of the preseason. Good game, a bit high scoring but it's preseason, but I noticed in the stats afterwards that my defensive players were never credited their "thrown to" category...well one guy did, Ty Law (whom I signed as a FA) but it was just 1. We were torched all game long and this info would have been valuable. It worked when I simmed it seems and it also worked for my opponent in the game when mine did not seem to work much. I also saw problems with missing credit for who allowed TD's etc.

3) Some other weird stats being recorded such as my backup QB (Huard) completing more medium passes (4) than he actually attempted (2). Weird!?!?

I wanted to point these out to see if others had noticed and whether or not it is something the developers are looking into. I am fine with simming my games so an answer to #1 would be great but playing out the games is a lot of fun so hopefully something will turn up in the ways of advice or a patch!

Still a great game!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2008, 12:09 PM   #2
Rookie

BobbyZ23's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: A few questions...

I've noticed the problem with quick sim too. It's frustrating because I will play the majority of the game and then family duties often call, four month olds are not know for their patience. After I quick sim, the stats look totally bogus. There doesn't seem to be nearly enough plays ran for each team. Also, I don't think it registers the stats for my backups that played before I started simming. I may be mistaken on that last point though.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:16 PM   #3
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Which of my problems were you referring to?
Old 08-22-2008, 12:48 PM   #4
Rookie

BobbyZ23's Arena

OVR: 4

I was referring to problems with quick sim in general. I haven't quick simmed an entire game, but I have quick simmed a couple games that I started to play but didn't have time to finish. They were pre-season games and the backups never got any playing time. Also, it appeared that my team only ran between thirty or forty offensive plays, same with the opponent. That's way too few for an NFL game. Needless to say, I haven't quick simmed any more games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »